91 / 92 Saracen Conquest E-Stay

muppetman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, here's my eBay bargain (well, at least I think so) '91 or '92 Saracen Conquest. 21" as well, my perfect size.

This is exactly how I received her (not even given her a cursory wipe down) ...so first pics before I start building her up with more befitting kit...

Attachments

• PICT1688.jpg
    PICT1688.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 913
  • PICT1687.jpg
    PICT1687.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 913
  • PICT1686.jpg
    PICT1686.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 914
More pics...

Oh, and by the way, that's not a crack in the headtube - it was a bit of dirt I've sinced wiped away... I did have to go and check after I looked at the pics given the comments on here regarding dubious build quality of these frames. This one has barely been used, however...

Attachments

• PICT1690.jpg
    PICT1690.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 911
  • PICT1689.jpg
    PICT1689.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 911
Did you take it for a ride with the stem that far out?!

Look forward to seeing this built up. Maguras?

Exclellent work there Muppetman :cool:

Looks unused and in good honest condition, and if that all important headtube is good you are on to a winner. Do your top cable guides have a pass through on the centre run, this will then accept a magura hose ;)

I am really excited and hope my Conquest has a bigger brother to meet one day ;)

coomber":3szdcvfy said:
Did you take it for a ride with the stem that far out?!

Look forward to seeing this built up. Maguras?

I did ride it with the stem like that, but only a quick jaunt round the block. But twitchy with the short high-rise stem - def one of the first things to change!

Maguras are on the list, but hoping to move house next month so trying not to spend much (or anything!), so this is going to start out as a parts bin build, but better spec than currently.

@gravy monster: yes, it does have the wider middle run for the Magura hose but will be running on cantis until I free up some funds!

Back