omething old, new, borrowed and blue

unidude

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought an Orange p7 frame with F7 forks off here without thinking !

Originally thought it's make a work/commute bike.
Just bang on some old gear and ride.

However, got bored and my mind started to wander.
So decided to have it stripped of its yellow and blue paint,
only to find the underneath was in a poor state and needed blasting.
At this point the only way forward was to paint it.

Powder coated and decals attached (thanks Gil, they're great).

Eventually, planning on turbo trainer in winter and work/commute in spring - autumn. Going for '94 XT build with some variation on trick bits.

Please no harsh comments, its on a very limited budget as on short-time at work :(

will update later in the week, when attached some bits i have.

Attachments

• Painted.jpg
    Painted.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,600
  • Decals.jpg
    Decals.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,600
Very nice! I like that blue a lot.
Nothing wrong with building on a budget, in fact, I'm sure there's a lot of us here that don't have a shed load of cash, and can appreciate budget builds, and they probably get ridden more.

Nowt wrong with budget biulds, Im restarting mine after some plan changes. And after a few swaps on here have old school babes orange prestige frame on its way to me. Plus did a swap with s1monf and quite by chance have ended up with a set of deore lx shifter/brake combo and canti's that are the right year for it :cool:. The early 90's was when I was doing most of my biking and always lusted after a Orange.

P7

Thanks for the kind words.

So far I have '94 XT cantis, crank and BB and rear mech.
Also X-lite Chicken Stix, Orange SK8 stem, Ti seat bolt, nza Pawsipaws, USE (copy) post, Selle Italia Flite and STX 7 speed pods.
Maxxis rubber in grey on a pair or Araya rims with Shimano Exage hubs.

Gonna spend some time tonight putting together, little music, little wine ha ha :LOL:

I totally agree on the colour it is very very :cool: and from the sound of the build so far is going to be a cracker :D

Back