1990 Alpinestars AlMegaDX - 2nd one

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok so I sold one of these over a year ago, that was just too small for my Gorilla-like frame.. :LOL:

And then, before Christmas, this larger one came up for sale, and I realy did have to pounce on it. Chris2lou did the honors picking it up for me and storing it over Christmas, and then shipping it on to me just before new year..

And it's sat in the garage ever since.. :oops: :oops: So today was the day I got it out, brushed it off, and started a new thread.. :D

Spec:

Frame: 1990 Alpinetars AlMega DX
Fork: Alpinestar CroMo blade
Headset: YST Evolution size
Stem: Girvin Flexstem
Bars: Answer Taperlite
Shifters: XT M732 Thumbies
Brake Levers: Shimano DX
Barends: Onza

Brakes: Dia-Compe 987 Ti finish
Cranks: Shimano DX
FR Mech: Shimano DX
Rr Mech: Shimano DX
Cassette: Shimano HG
Chain: I dunno
BB: Unknown
Seatpost: Original black Ano
Saddle: Flite Ti
Pedals: Bontrager SPD's
Cage: Ringle H20

Hubs: Shimano DX
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Expert
Tyres: Tioga FJN (Fr) and Spez Ground ctrl (Rr)

As you can see by the pics, she's absolutely mint in every way, VERY bright paintwork, all the components look to have minimal wear/use and there's a few nice upgrades to boot.

AL-DX006.jpg

AL-DX007.jpg

AL-DX008.jpg

AL-DX009.jpg

AL-DX010.jpg

AL-DX011.jpg

AL-DX012.jpg

AL-DX013.jpg

AL-DX014.jpg

AL-DX015.jpg

AL-DX016.jpg

AL-DX017.jpg

:D

Steve that is simply amazing.

Everything that was brilliant about 90's

Wow.............................

gt al mega

suberb! i bet you are pleased with that.

the flexstem couldn't be more suited to that model.

let's see it on a ride this year, after the snow has gone. nearly an inch of the stuff here in leeds already ;)

this model have 1.1/4" headset?

Cheers Chaps..

@ Nik - Yep gotta love the early 90s' :LOL:

@Marc - yep 1-1/4" as ALL the popular Astars from 1990 thru to 1992 had.. ;) as for the Flexstem... hmmmm... I've never ridden with one :oops: :oops: personally I'd prefer a Controltech/syncros/atac on it.. :roll:

I will be bringing it to Mayhem this year, so get your ass there to see it.. :LOL:

That paint is still really fresh, could you turn it down its a bit loud :D Love it alpy stars really made some good looking bikes.

That's too small for you
Give it to me

What a stunner steve ,you still got the other one ?

Cheers Mike,

The paint really is unfaded and there's only a couple of small chips on the entire chassis.. :cool: :cool:

It's perfect size for me, so it's staying.. :LOL: at least until after Mayhem. :roll:

I sold the other one to Nik^^^ and he subsequently sold it on to another enthusiast. . :cool:

I wish I had kept the other one..

The paint was bit knacked though, in my defence.

Would definetly get another :D

Back