Gt rts1 update!

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Got bored yesterday waiting for the rear of the rts1 to come back from the paint sprayers.

As you can see below all decals removed and some polishing taken place also fitted forks/bars/seatpost/seat but will all be removed to fully build soon i hope!!

Oh and the wheels i got on friday!!

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

also in there is the rear brake roller needed to operate the cantis for the rear.

Thoughts anyone?

Looks lovely - I'd like to see a decent pic of your rear canti set up - I have an RTS 1 getting assembled into a pile of parts but don't have that component.

I really like black controltech stuff on ally GTs - looks great :D

i bought all the relivent sizes in black syncros first,then to find out gt race bikes were equipped with controltech!

so the syncros has been relagated to rhe rts2!

me too, ha ha
seams like its took ages to get this done but nearly there now;

Spec list,

92 Built rts1 18" frame (1092173 serial no)
rockshox mag 21 sl ti fork.
controltech seatpost/stem/bar all in black.
flite ti saddle (re-issue nos)
cook bros ti b/b
cookbros 'dogbone' cranks (black)
shimano xtr chainrings middle and outer (silver)
unsure of granny ring (black)
xtr m900 front mech (top pull) just bought so not in photo
xtr m900 rear mech
shimano hg screw on free wheel (8 speed)
bullseye hubs (black& silver)
ritchey rock pro rims
ringle ti wheel qr's silver (not the ones with holes)
cantis xtr m900 with pads.
xtr m910 brake/shifter combo
smoke/dart tyres.
Chris king 'no thread set' (black will change the one in photo as it doesn't look right.)

this list is more or less 95% certain only undecided on the cantis and the rims as i have m900 hubs and mavic 231's that need building or the mavic/and bullseyes?

any thought on brakes other than m900's?

magic! i love your spec, very nice. brakes? pretty hard to go wrong with M900 cantilevers on this rig, given you have the levers also.

thanks for all the kind comments, it means alot as this is my first build.

the reason i asked about the brakes is i have a pair of gravity research 'pipe dreams' for the rear in silver but dont know weather to fit them as i dont have the front 'rim crushers' to match.
i could just put the m900 xtr on the front but well its not right is it :?:

Back