1991 Rocky Mountain Stratos

captaincosmic

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this frame off locketirol just after Christmas after a tip off from my old mate matthew 71 who I think likes the idea of me getting in trouble with my better half for buying too many bikes :LOL:
I have enjoyed putting her back together over the last week and have to say I think she looks rather gorgeous so had to share some pics with you all.....

The Rocky Blizzard 1995 Project is still on the way but I am frantically hunting for a Rock Shox 21 threaded steerer tube 1 1/8" about 165mm :roll:

Attachments

• Stratos 10.jpg
    Stratos 10.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 1,721
  • Stratos 11.jpg
    Stratos 11.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,721
  • Stratos 12.jpg
    Stratos 12.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 1,721
  • Stratos 13.jpg
    Stratos 13.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,721
They're really nice pictures.

and the bike too :)

There's quite a collection of Rockies coming along now between the 5 or 6 of us over here building them up (your wife can thank me for the last one ;))

If you get really desperate I could lend you my 170mm threaded crown, though I need it left that length. Until you can find another you can cut shorter (it's my original one from my Altitude and hopefully use it in the future again.)

Cheers guys and thsnks for the offer but I need a keeper ,considering taking the RC35`S off the Marin team as I have some freshly powdercoated Rockstars to switch just thought Rockshox would be more in keeping :roll:

Fantastic bike....

there was a Stratos in my local shop back in '90/'91 and I spent quite a bit of time drooling over it and the dolomite Klein that was next to it. They're still my two grail bikes...have the Klein now, but still need the Stratos ;)

cheers,

Steve

Latest posts

Back