My new KLEIN Attitude USA team

Martin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After two weeks waiting and dubbing today was the big day!!!!

My new KLEIN ATTITUDE '96 team USA frameset arrived, no reendeers, no slee, no santa just by van :D :D .

Foto-BYLAMNNT.jpg

And now trying to find a proper build up

Worth the wait though I bet? Very nice looking piece of kit

Are things really that slow with UPS? I'm hoping to get a load of parts from the states late this week- it'll drive me mad to wait even longer :evil:

What do you plan to do with the Klein??

Heya!

Cool frame man... that's them colors I had in my head. Team 1996. Good luck with the build and yeah, post some progress and final pics plz.

And that's indeed a bit bigger a frame than your old (now mine) Attitude eh?

Void(EN12-82)

The frameset was shipped by USPS, I got the track and trace from the seller and checked everyday. It was shipped on a wednesday, entered Dutch customs on next saturday and there it had been for 1,5 week but they were gentle to me :)

I'm not sure about how to build it up, the Manitou Mars Carbon has left the frame already and the judySL is mounted, looks much better. Thinking of the XTR950 groupset or maybe use the M900 (with canti's but the Judy hasn't got a Canti-brakebooster). Think I might use some exotic parts for example paul brakes/levers. Seen the original build up in the catalogue with XT groupset looks ok and a bit better for my budget at the moment but still thinking.

Keep you in tough with the building.

Klein

Only one component colour with a Klein and that is all Black. Nothing else looks right with al that colour and those 2 inch diameter tubes! Just watch those skinny thin eggshell fragile drop outs, snap like cherry stalks! why they produced such a stiff frame with such thin drop outs I can only speculate!
Was in one of my LBSs today, he used to stock and move a serious amount of these in their heyday. I mentioned the drop out snapping problem and all the staff just shook their heads and rolled their eyes skywards. It gave tham a lot of angry customers to deal with!

Re: Klein

Wold Ranger":ckgr7blu said:
Only one component colour with a Klein and that is all Black. Nothing else looks right with al that colour and those 2 inch diameter tubes! Just watch those skinny thin eggshell fragile drop outs, snap like cherry stalks! why they produced such a stiff frame with such thin drop outs I can only speculate!
Was in one of my LBSs today, he used to stock and move a serious amount of these in their heyday. I mentioned the drop out snapping problem and all the staff just shook their heads and rolled their eyes skywards. It gave tham a lot of angry customers to deal with!

the snapping droup outs were a problem on the much later (Trek) frames with replaceable drop outs. not saying that it may not have happened on the older frames too but certainly not to any unusual degree.

Carsten

They later versions with the replaceble hanger had a bolt mounted on the chainstay wich made it weaker.

black will be the better colour I know, there's no other colou matching these ones :)

Martin":k3pzc8gx said:
I'm not sure about how to build it up, the Manitou Mars Carbon has left the frame already and the judySL is mounted, looks much better. Thinking of the XTR950 groupset or maybe use the M900 (with canti's but the Judy hasn't got a Canti-brakebooster). Think I might use some exotic parts for example paul brakes/levers. Seen the original build up in the catalogue with XT groupset looks ok and a bit better for my budget at the moment but still thinking.

Keep you in tough with the building.

Yes that was a peach of a frame - one of the most artistic uses of Judy yellow in a colour scheme, and very hard to improve on the original look with black Syncros.

How does the frame weight compare to the advertised 1.35 I wonder?

Back