Kona Cindercone 88/89

sirdazalot

Dirt Disciple
Possibly up for sale some time soon, i have 2 of these, both identical, although one has a big fat lady seat on & a non original front wheel, other than that they are in good condition & original.

Large K on top tube with Mountain LX gearset, Shimano brakes with the U-Brake rear caliper. Paint splatter etc...

Will post pics up soon along with any progress

:)

Hurry up!!!!
I let you finish your chips at dinner :LOL:
Get them pics up!
Twos just greedy anyway :D

Pics coming up, only thing that lets it down really is the spokes in need of a good lick! The bottle cages need to come off & the schwalbe tyres i put on as the original ones were perished.

DSCF3090.JPG.opt391x293o0,0s391x293.JPG

DSCF3091.JPG.opt487x365o0,0s487x365.JPG

DSCF3092.JPG.opt554x416o0,0s554x416.JPG

DSCF3093.JPG.opt522x392o0,0s522x392.JPG

DSCF3106.JPG

Nice mate looks really clean and origional, its a 88 rear facing seat clamp
and u brake. What size is It?

Measured it up today, centre to centre was around 17, 18 to the top, not sure how the Konas measured there frame sizes but im sure someone will :)

sirdazalot":1stsmjuf said:
Measured it up today, centre to centre was around 17, 18 to the top, not sure how the Konas measured there frame sizes but im sure someone will :)

In those days I think that they measured from top of BB shell to top of seat tube. I could well be wrong about this however.

I've got a 1988 Explosif which measures 17.5" centre-top or about 16.75" top of BB shell to top of seat tube. Head tube is 130mm.

Yours must be the next size up, in that case - mine is probably a nominal 17" and yours 18"?

Does it get used?

Just re-measured:
Top of BB casing to top of seat tube is 17.5"
Centre-Top is 18.5"
Centre-Centre is 16.75"
give or take a smidge!

Pretty sure it's an '88. Wait, I'll be corrected shortly I'm sure :LOL:

Mine is pretty much identical but has the black crankset and black U-brake which I believe is an '89.

Any idea where these were originally bought - any dealer stickers?

I wish it was smaller, anyway. Keep the best and use it, yessir :cool:

Andy R":2nzgt93d said:
Any idea where these were originally bought - any dealer stickers?

I wish it was smaller, anyway. Keep the best and use it, yessir :cool:

No stickers on im afraid, no idea where they were bought from originally. When i got my hands on them they both had luggage racks on the back & the old ever ready light brackets
lol I will be keeping one yessir! Probably this one, the other i will clean up & sell.

e2e maybe?

Back