Extreme Performance Products Punisher

leedeerman

Dirt Disciple
Ive added pics of my "Punisher",been meaning to do it for ages, please take a look in my album.

Not many of these about atall.

very nice bike :cool:

main.php

My old hope mechanical just like that was on the drive side. It was only when you started getting discs on rear as well that I think they moved them to the non-drive side.

orange71":sgmfuxaf said:
My old hope mechanical just like that was on the drive side. It was only when you started getting discs on rear as well that I think they moved them to the non-drive side.

Ah ok, I didn't realise that. I forgot that the first hope brakes were mechanical too!

Any history on this bike? I've never seen one before....

History

Extreme performace products are an USA based company normally associated with engeneering props for films, in the '80s they decided to build a run of top end mountain bike frame sets, My one was raced for a team by a chap who was kicked out for something he took the bike with him was not supposed to, In about 1990 my cousin got hold of it by means of a swap, then i got it in about '94, it was in a bad way so ive spent years restoring it, the colour and deacals are an exact match. I had the disc put on in '94, The headset is a King TI special order, The rear hub is Middleburn the first they did. Some of the parts dont really date match but all is the best i could get. Only steel bolts on the bike are the seatpost ones! Weighs about 22lb, Seriously fast amazing uphill. I love it!

Nice bike,

That early hope disc could be fitted drive side or not, can also be sited in front or behind the fork leg but that was usually decided by the shape of the drop out as the mounting hardware could get in the way of the fork.
Pace forks had them at the front, Mag 21's were drive side and "rear" mounted.

Putting it in front of the dropout I assume would collect a little less dirt.

Hope (& prostop & others) did front and rear discs from the start.

Back