Ritchey Plexus - first pics [discussion moved to =>1998]

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
AS IT SEEMS THAT THIS BIKE IS 1998/9 i MOVED THE DISUCCSION TO HERE:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184428

I just got this Ritchey Plexus. Just get it home and gave it first wash. Size seems to be just right... SO I am going to be the local Henrik Djernis this summer :)

Frame is for 1" steer and looks like non-suspension-ready geometry. I am not sure about the model year. Could you plexus-riders help me?

I am also unasure about the fork. I do not think it is a Ritchey Logic fork. Welds look nowwhere so nice as on the frame and dorpouts do not have Ritchey stamped into them... How should the original fork look?

EDIT:
Eric from Oldmountainbikes estimates it to 1998-9. He argues that there is not much difference over the years until 2001 where the rainbow world champion stripes on the headtube disapears and where it get a tubing decal on the seat tube.

Attachments

• P1010992.JPG
    P1010992.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,805
more pics

more first pics

Attachments

• P1010993.JPG
    P1010993.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,802
  • P1010994.JPG
    P1010994.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,801
  • P1010995.JPG
    P1010995.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,802
  • P1010996.JPG
    P1010996.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,801
jimihendrix":2pve6jsd said:
That's lovely :cool: , cant help with the fork though.

Thanks a lot! I could not resit to buy it. The dark read and blue (slightly darker than the "modern" ritchey colours is really nice!

It got a mix of different XTR (and XT) components now. I am temted to get it more into one series... just have to figure out what. It also depends on the model year of the frame I think. It is post-canti, which may mean something in the m950 years...

Guy With a Ritchey":1lss43wt said:
Check out a site called old mtb, they might have some pics and specs of plexus' that might help. (it is a ritchey only site by the way)

Thanks for the link-service. I have looked quite a lot at the site... But the online catalogs stops at 95. I And I think this may be a 95-98ish model... But I will have another look!

And here is a pic without the other ritchey in the background...

Attachments

• komplet inde.JPG
    komplet inde.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,746
lovely bike, looks stunning :cool:

the Plexus was the forerunner of the SoftTail and was build arround the end of the 90's. As the Plexus was also available as frame only, every fork could be used by its former owners. Full bikes where available in various trims too, as it was up to the country distributer what kit was on the bikes, but dont know if there was ever a kind of factory kit for the Plexus.

found this - may give you an idea

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... &Type=bike

magas":2o5ldff9 said:
lovely bike, looks stunning :cool:

the Plexus was the forerunner of the SoftTail and was build arround the end of the 90's. As the Plexus was also available as frame only, every fork could be used by its former owners. Full bikes where available in various trims too, as it was up to the country distributer what kit was on the bikes, but dont know if there was ever a kind of factory kit for the Plexus.

found this - may give you an idea

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Thanks Magas! I was clearly in the impression that the frame came out after Henrik Djernis finished on the Ritchey team... he was on the p types... But your argument will make me go futher back in the old mountainbikes folders!

Hi, thanks for the comment on my build.

Nice bike, i did see it one DBA.DK but the dude newer returned my message.

i might know the original owner of your Plexus, i think it belonged to Lars working at Finn C (A bike part distro.) in Westend at Vesterbro.

i'm not really sure on the Plexus history there are from my knowledge several types of plexus' one made i Japan (i think only whit 1 1/8 head tubes) and a European produced "copy" made by FRM i France (both 1" and 1" 1/:cool:

yours looks like the France made version (I'm really not sure if thy were build for Ritchey or just repainted later to look like one)
there is to things that make me think so: the saddle bolt on the front of the seat tube and the bolt on thing behind the cranks
See here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88517

I hope that we to gather can track down some more info on the Plexus'

Back