Triggers Broom Saracen

SwanHouseNappa

PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
"I've had the same broom for twenty years...

I look after it well.We have an old saying that's passed down by generations of road sweepers: "Look after your broom"

And that's what I done. I've maintained it for twenty years. This old broom, has had seventeen new heads, and fourteen new handles in its' time."
-Trigger

Mountain bikes started for me pretty much the same time as high school, 1992.
Having spent years as a kid walking the hills and moors of the North Pennines and Scottish Highlands, I came to realise that you could cover more countryside and therefore see more of it by bicycle.
So Christmas of 1992, I got a mountain bike. Having spent the past six months on my brothers old 21"(!) Raleigh Montage-he got a Lava Dome that summer- I was the proud owner of a Saracen Limited Edition.
Having chosen the bike with the nicest frame my budget would allow. within a few months, the upgrading had begun.

This was the first handle.

main.php

Though it has had many different heads, and many different handles, I am still riding that old Saracen. It's been a Ritchey P20, a Breezer Lightning, a Sunn trials hardtail with big daft forks on it, and is now a Kevin Winter Columbus Life.
It is also hoping to become a Saracen Kili

All of which are the same original Saracen.

Theseus' Ship.

Latest posts

Back