1997 Ventana Marble Peak FS...

fliier

Dirt Disciple
Greetings all.

I've been slowly tweaking this 1997 (per Ventana) Ventana for a couple of years now. I really like the bike in the full polish. Such nice workmanship that it would be a sin to hide it...

Anyhow, I'd like to complete the restoration. Mechanically it's in fine shape but I don't know where to find the period correct parts that I'd need to finish the job. As you can see all of the contact points are modern pieces which allow me to get a good fit. I'm over 6', but the original owner was considerably taller. The fork, headset, cranks, and wheels are period correct. The other components (saddle, seatpost, rear derailleur, bars, grips, stem, cables and tires) are not. I also need to source fork decals and they are not available from White Brothers. I'd really appreciate any suggestions/ideas. What would you use? If anyone has parts for sale which would help me complete the build, please let me know...

Thanks in advance and happy riding!

Everything old is new again... with a little help...

Bunch of pictures over here... https://picasaweb.google.com/1043955002 ... gJKw_Z_JeA :) :)

Attachments

• SAM_0901.jpg
    SAM_0901.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 920
  • SAM_0894.jpg
    SAM_0894.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 920
  • SAM_0895.jpg
    SAM_0895.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 920
  • SAM_0902.jpg
    SAM_0902.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 919
Thanks!

Yeah, It's a bit blingy but I like it.... :D

Just got a line on a Syncros seat post of the same period. I also have a Syncros stem that would be perfect if I was about 4" taller... Oh well, something will turn up.

Back