You may have seen this McTi Before!

nathanman

Retrobike Rider
I have been looking for a Ti frame for a while now and decided to take the plunge :D I bought GT-Steve's McMahon frameset and wheels as i love its clean lines and think its about the prettiest frame i've ever come across. I also sourced a set of WTB Ti bars to put on the front end and built the rest up out of bits i had in the garage. This won't be its final incarnation and i have some silver kooka chainrings on their way to me. Im a bit torn as to whether to try a Pauls mech front and rear or go the M900 route for that bit of classic usability. My other thoiught is to get proshift mechs instead.

Any opinions on whether i should go for black or silver mechs are very welcome, i also cant decide whether to stick with a few bits of blue ano as im a bit of an ano tart :oops: Let me know your thoughts.

6710631361_06d39ab870_z.jpg

6710644895_b33c6af8b7_z.jpg

6710638687_a65de48658_z.jpg

6710661385_93398465be_z.jpg

Very nice bet it was hard for Steve to part with, hay are you going to lower the stem all them spacers :shock: looks like them forks are there to stay to me why dont you make the steer shorter :cool: Very nice by the way id go Pauls

Looks great but I have to agree about the spacers!

Those bars are awesome, wish Id grabbed them when they were for sale on the forum! Would look better if the shim was rotated so that the gap is underneath though...........

benbonty":ai4545ab said:
Looks great but I have to agree about the spacers!

Those bars are awesome, wish Id grabbed them when they epwere for sale on the forum! Would look better if the shim was rotated so that the gap is underneath though...........

I got them from wold ranger, lovely in the flesh(the bars that is). Good point on the shim, I shall tinker. :D

Nice!
Do what you think is going to look good...
I'm an Ano tart as well! I would go ano bits all over the show :D

uno-speedo":1u3zo5v9 said:
My wife would shoot me if I had my bike on the couch!

Cool bike, needs an MRC handlebar though.

I've been looking for MRC bars but they seem to be few and far between, im still on the look out but the WTB ones are lovely too so will do for now.

Latest posts

Back