New member to the Zaskar family!

BensterSD

Dirt Disciple
1993 GT Zaskar
w/ Full XT components
Rock Shox Mag 21
Black XT Hubs laced to Mavic 231 rims

Cleaned and polished her up a bit and swapped the awful Profile Design riser handlebar/motocross bar for a cheapy flat bar for the time being. The lock on grips are also temporary til I get a handlebar thats more perminent. Removed the anodizing and polished the original GT seatpost. Swapped the crappy seat and added the new Ti Flite ( :cool: perfect match). Swapped the crappy old and rotted tires for NOS Panaracer Timbuk II's (for now).

More importantly, I actually took her for a ride yesterday and I must say I am quite surprised by this bike. She climbs like a goat and really tracks quite nicely for a 19 year old bike. Defintely one of those bikes that looks fast sitting still. She's a keeper...

Hope you like!

Ben

Attachments

• Zaskar at Hut 01-15-12.jpg
    Zaskar at Hut 01-15-12.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,928
Very nice looking Zaskar...

Looks really nice! That's a whole lot of seat post... Just how tall are you? :shock:

Thanks to all!

This was on SoCal CL, but only for a few hours... Apparently, the original owner was the former owner of a bike shop that no longer exists in Oceanside, CA. He just needed to get it out of his buddies garage.

Ya, I probably could lower the post a bit, although I'm 6'1" and the bike is an 18".

Overall, she could still use some detailing and polishing to perfect. I'd call it a 10 footer for now... The flip flop stem has surface rust and looks more brown than black. Up close, the stickers are quite faded and torn in places. The headbadge GT sticker is about 3/4 gone too. The "Competition Series" stickers were so tore up, I removed them altogether. It'll be a fun project to tinker with.

Ben

Back