nearly finished

badger1

Dirt Disciple
hi i bought this just before Christmas after looking at all the bikes on this site (its a bit addictive this retro bike thing) anyway ive had a great time stripping it down cleaning, painting, spending, trying to find parts,
decals are still to come for the forks and i have a proper set for the frame courtesy of Gil_m that's my job in the morning when the wife's gone to work i can bring the bike in the house were its warmer
things the bike needed were a cassette ,middle ring,bb,freehub,frame repair and i painted it with paint i already had
both wheels have been stripped cleaned and greased
shocks have been stripped cleaned painted then rebuilt there bomber z2 bam
all moving parts of the rear have been stripped cleaned checked for play and movement
so im very happy with it ,best of all it rides really nice apart from the flex in the forks

before
194-2.jpg

after
whinlatter027.jpg

whinlatter028-1.jpg

Kona travel...

That does look cool!

Judging by the size of those rockers the rear end has quite a bit of travel. The fork has maybe 100mm. Did this bike spec with matching travel on both ends?

Nice job!

Re: Kona travel...

fliier":1wiw5dni said:
That does look cool!

Judging by the size of those rockers the rear end has quite a bit of travel. The fork has maybe 100mm. Did this bike spec with matching travel on both ends?

Nice job!
thanks the fronts only about 60mm so the rear will be roughly the same there is room to make the rear longer stroke but would probably spoil the feel of the bike

Think I preferred the green :? Sorry!

But the overall build looks smart, new decals etc. Good work.

Whatever it's "worth" it's worth more to you...

Those new fork decals really finish it off. I'm liking it, looking good!

As to what it's actual worth is. whatever someone is willing to give you for it. Not being flip about it, it's just that you've poured your time and love into it. Retro Gurus jump in here and correct me if I'm off base, but I doubt most of these projects are money makers unless you have something very exotic and unusual... Those you'd keep, at least until the Wife makes you clean out the garage, or you just have to thin out the herd...:roll:

Buddy of mine has done a number of buy cheap, fix up, and sell deals. He makes enough to keep him in small parts and he has a good time. I tend to buy, fix up, and hang in the garage. Never can seem to part with anything and when I finally do let something go I usually regret it... :cry:

For me it's about taking something unloved and making it better, like new if possible. Of course the "treasure hunt" aspect is a big part of it as well. Finally having your buds both actual, and virtual at RetroBike, show a little knowing appreciation for what you've put together.... priceless.:smile:

PS Think I'll re-post the last few paragraphs as a new topic. "Why do you do this?" That should be fun!

looks a lot better with all the decals back on but i too preferred the original paint. the copper does look a good colour though

edit, fair play for putting hte effort in though

Back