Another Lowend vintage gem. 1988 Giant Iguana.

LesterOfPuppets

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
This bike has a super short Top Tube. It's the only MTB I've been on which suffered from toe overlap! Fun ride and quite sprightly considering its immense weight.

So much plastic, but it all performs pretty well.

Probably the most attractive lowend crankset of all time. Love those old XCMs.

U-Brakes, but not under the chainstays, very nice.

r

Giant Iguana

Sure brings back memories I bought the same one brand new at local Schwin shop for $399.00 back in 88. Great work horse mine had an oval crank case nice bike The great Santa Nez river took her away from me :(

have same bike

Well, mine looks the same(ish). Mine has a lot more chips in the paint than yours. Before I got it the forks got broken so a bike shop put some peugeot forks on it. Not the tightest fit but I've had the bike for about 17 years now and the forks are still on so not too bad. Though it is soooo heavy it is a really smooth ride. I like it! I was hoping I could ask you to do me a 'flavor'. I have bent the seatpost and want to replace it but may have to break it to get it out. I want to have the replacement part on hand when I do it. Do you know what the accurate diameter of the seat post is or have you seen any dimension specs on this bike?

Back