my new Klein build (97 Pulse)

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, just finished building this after picking it up before xmas...
Probably paid a little over the odds really but it was the only one close enough to pick up and see in the flesh rather than buying unseen and I've been after a cheapish Klein for a while.

Pics don't do it justice as it has been re-sprayed at some time in its life in a lovely dark blue/purple fade, and the p-bone forks and bar/stem have been done to match, annoyingly though the owner at the time decided to have it stickered up as an Attitude when it is quite clearly a Pulse.

All the pulse-poo-poo-ers can suck their teeth and tut as much as they want, I love it and 1 1/8 headtubes give me many more options of fork :)

so here it is a 97 Pulse built up as SS, my bathroom scales are reading it somewhere between 17 and 18lbs depending on their mood, luggage scales say a smidgen under 18lbs...

Attachments

• DSC00021.JPG
    DSC00021.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • DSC00022.JPG
    DSC00022.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,095
  • DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,095
I'm going to be using this one mainly as winter hack while I keep my eyes open for a decent older Attitude for a period correct build

(maybe via jonrock if the paint need attention....)

bought a 97 pulse in 97, lovely bike, good ride, sadly sold it, thats why i bought a 1998 one, regardless of the fact it isnt a proper klein, very nice ride, and a lovely climber

A frame that was painted by someone on this site. Possibly one of Jonrocks's early experiments?

Great light frames that if they had been labelled as Trek Pulse would be more rated now. The fact is that the tubes are Klein tubing and the rear triangle is pretty much 100% Klein apart from the dropouts.

I think it does have some history on the site as the guy I bought it off does frequent here, but it was painted prior to him so if anyone knows anything do speak up....!

thanks guys!

Lovely that- why did i sell my pulse?

Although if I may paraphrase a fixie rider - your chain looks a bit too tight.

Nice Pulse (faux Attitude).

What gearing are you using?

Using 32/16,I had to use a tensioner on my SS converted Pulse.

32:15 and a halflink

as noted above it is a smidgen tighter than I would normally run but I'm sure it will bed in after a couple of rides.

If needs be I can use the eccentric ENO wheel off my Bonty rather than run a tensioner.

Back