Slow progress being made, but some at least..... (these wheels are only for test purposes)
Have sourced a seatpost in black from my LBS, Ken Fosters in Chorlton, however at 26mm, its a different size to the research I have that suggests the frame takes a 26.4mm. We tried one and it did not fit.... wierd, but this one is a nice snug fit....
Also had the frame put in a jig to check for straightness in light of the stem damage, and it appears that the rear out slightly. While he said this was most likely to be the dropout only, considering the mech hanger being slightly bent, we put a wheel in to check and it straightend back up to about 1mm give or take. Basically, he reckons he can build a bit more dish into the wheel to compensate for that.
Here is a pic of the stem
I should point out, that if I do try and straighten it, it will only be because at the moment, there are no outward signs of damage to the metal or welds. There are no creases anywhere, and the paint has not cracked at all
We also managed to sort the front brake boss issue, but removing the remaining damaged part, and threading in a replacement boss with the right thread. While its a bit too long at the moment, compared to the original one, it will be ok with the brake I intend to run
Just need to sort out the rear wheel, swap cranks and BB, and source a seat, grips and fit cables