1997 Kona Explosif w new nice TNT parts [page 5+6]

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Updated with some new Pictures of the new Wheels and stem and brakelevers and stuff...

I just finsihed this rebuild. The bike have been on my hands from new but have been suffering staying in back of the garage for a long time. Now I tried to get it into a mix of corect componets and still rideable for a modern standard. Cant waith to give it a go when spring comes around...

Kona 1997 Explosif on OR Max tubes (original owner). 16"
Xtr m950 series
Marzocchi Z2 1997 model
TNT Cankset with Salsa/Raceface/tioga rings
TNT titanium BB
TNT titanium hubs with special golden Mavic sub 217 rims. Gold alu nipples. XTR m950 skrewers
Syncros titanium post
Avid saago stem
Raceface Realseal headset
Profile riser bars in maching golden finish
Yeti gribs
Panerracer Dart/Smoke II rubbers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42814613@N ... 4707/show/

nice frame and in a good nick - love those hubs :cool:

btw. whats that no. on the steerer tube for ?
a serial no. should be on the under the BB

Thans for the nice words on the bike.
And Yes, Im totally into those TNT hubs too. Could be temted to try to find an old tnt crankset too. But that got to take som luck to find that...

Do any one know if TNT made some Quick Releases for the hubs? I got a similar hubset back then in the 90es... but I can remeber have been seeing any TNT QRs.

The number on the head-tube is a danish serial number. And yes, normally it goes in the BB tube. I dont know why they put it up there... maby just to make it look crappy ... :)

In my opinion that is the nicest colour frame..97 columbus MAXOR tubing..nice one mate ;)

Ernie ;)

Nice one Jakob, I love the color too. Maybe you should polish your cranks, they would match the TNTs perfectly :cool:

Jakob":3v09pj5n said:
Nice one Jakob, I love the color too. Maybe you should polish your cranks, they would match the TNTs perfectly :cool:
Thanks a lot... I have though about that. They show some wear from bing used on my DH bike for some time...

I have put on a new seat in matching colours... what do you think? Too much or ok?

Attachments

• P1020059.JPG
    P1020059.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,967
  • P1020058.JPG
    P1020058.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 3,967
  • P1020057.JPG
    P1020057.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,967
Lovely colour kona. Looks aboslutely sweet, especially with those forks.
My 2p, I would personally go for a black saddle, but up to you, you've done a great job with the bike ;)

superstu":rxe9gklm said:
Lovely colour kona. Looks aboslutely sweet, especially with those forks.
My 2p, I would personally go for a black saddle, but up to you, you've done a great job with the bike ;)

Thanks for comments... On the flicker photos it is with a black saddel. May be better. Just cound not keep myself from getting this "retro-wannabe" Kore saddel for it.

I have actually been wondering if I should get some black lower legs for the Marzocchi or even polish the ones I have now (the green ones).... would that be a sin?

Thanks for comments... On the flicker photos it is with a black saddel
Was too lazy :LOL: Had a look now and I stand by my thoughts, but the Kore one isn't that bad either so go with whatever you like.

I would definietly keep the forks green though, I love that lime colour!!

Back