proflex 855 - getting there

mwflex

Dirt Disciple
Getting close to finishing my 855 build.

Decals from gill applied last week and looking good.

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to fit the front mech as if i fit it in the regular place it hits the swingarm.

Anyone know what the most suitable front mech to use is on the 855?
I have a top pull Xtr which isn't fitting

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_00000021.jpg
    IMG_00000021.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_00000021.jpg
    IMG_00000021.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 773
  • AIR_20120107_00000.jpg
    AIR_20120107_00000.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 773
Top-pull, would that actually work as they use a bottom pull mech (I don't know the bikes)

But bottom pull, traditional style (bottom-swing) is what I see in pictures on these.

Try the compact drive style as they have a slightly more compact cage.
Something like this one (FD-M737) and (FD-M953)
shimano-xt-fd-m737-umwerfer-286-bp.jpg

M953.jpg

i am using hte 737 pictured there on my beast

looks very tidy but the seatpost is on back to front

re

ah yes thank you, wouldn't of noticed that until i rode..

Will take a look at the different mechs this week and see which works well.

Vbrakes on it at the mo are only temporary, looking out for some xtr v brakes now

What are the cranks on it? I bought a frame that came with a pair very similar, would be nice to know what they are.

Bike's looking good, by the way.

Cheers.

Rob

re

crank displays shimano but no other writing, guy i bought it from said they came on an orange bike he bought, cant see anything else on them but they're pretty light and square taper.

picked up some more jagwire brake and gear housing in red and matches the frame really well, was only £3 per metre from ebay

re

crank displays shimano but no other writing, guy i bought it from said they came on an orange bike he bought, cant see anything else on them but they're pretty light and square taper.

picked up some more jagwire brake and gear housing in red and matches the frame really well, was only £3 per metre from ebay

The cranks are the low end Shimano one's Acera/Alivio or possibly a bit cheaper. Though they had the name also on them. an 'M' code will be stamped/embossed on the back of the arms.

Try Alivio M430 silvers ?

Back