1994 Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas

Portydave

Retro Newbie
Just thought some of you might be interested in my 1994 Dave lloyd Cats Wiskas.

I got the frame new in 1994, and at the time transfered all the bits accross from an Orange Prestige.

It got fairly constant use for a couple of years, until I discovered the joy of beer, then has only be used once or twice a tear since and has generally been neglected.

However during this time the original 1993 Pace RC 35's have been replaced with Bombers, the XTR Cantis and Rapidfire shifters/levers have been changed with v brakes, the 19" straight bars changed for some uprisers etc

I've just dug it out my mums shed again, and started to spruce it up mainly using spares I've had lying about from other bikes.

Whilst it would be nice to restore it back to its original period spec, I want to actually be able to hammer it in comfort and without fear of breaking something I cant replace.

I'd like to change the forks for something else, problem being it is a 1" headtube. So I either stick on some Project 2's or similar, or I could get the headtube replaced with a 1 1/8" and get some more modern spec sus forks.

But if I'm going to get that then do I get disc mounts stuck on the back while it needs resprayed etc? And by the time I do all that am I as well just buying a new hardtail frame and keeping the Lloyd as a relic and just enjoy restoring it?

Anyway here is a pic.......

interested to hear what you folks think!

Cheers

main.php

OK, Ill get some more pics up later tonight.

whats the best (read easiest) way of putting pics in a thread?

I'm new to this forum type and the ones I've done so far have been a total pain in the arse!!

by the way the frame as i recall is made up of the following....

Top and down tube - Columbus Thron
Seat tube and chain stays - Columbus Genesis (I think, though cant find out anything online about 'Genesis' so my memory may be failing me....any ideas??)
Seat Stays - 1 piece wishbone Reynolds 531

the spec chosen by me for various reasons that made sense at the time!!

Portydave":21t08kij said:
by the way the frame as i recall is made up of the following....

Top and down tube - Columbus Thron
Seat tube and chain stays - Columbus Genesis (I think, though cant find out anything online about 'Genesis' so my memory may be failing me....any ideas??)
Seat Stays - 1 piece wishbone Reynolds 531

the spec chosen by me for various reasons that made sense at the time!!

its lovely, what year did you buy it..?

She is a iconic retro frame that needs restoring to a period spec and shown off for her beauty to everyone, please don't modify it with disc tabs etc :cry:

daj":c7eogr6j said:
She is a iconic retro frame that needs restoring to a period spec and shown off for her beauty to everyone, please don't modify it with disc tabs etc :cry:

I have to agree, dont do it, unless you need it as your main rider, if you dont need it for that, im seeing pace forks, and m900 xtr... :cool:

Back