Scott Comp CST

Buzzsaw

Retro Guru
Here's my Scott Comp CST hardtail bought over from the US to NZ back in 1992. Think it may be 1991 model with Prestige tubing, Deore DX derailleurs, Scott forks and crankset. It's been mothballed in my brother's shed for over ten years and was hoping to get it resurrected over the Christmas break but was missing the original cantilever brakes, back wheel and the elastomers in the forks turned into globby slime and pretty rigid as but will keep them on.

Attachments

• scottcst.jpg
    scottcst.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,301
Buzzsaw":fcc1fyc1 said:
Here's my Scott Comp CST hardtail bought over from the US to NZ back in 1992. Think it may be 1991 model with Prestige tubing, Deore DX derailleurs, Scott forks and crankset. It's been mothballed in my brother's shed for over ten years and was hoping to get it resurrected over the Christmas break but was missing the original cantilever brakes, back wheel and the elastomers in the forks turned into globby slime and pretty rigid as but will keep them on.
Nice :)
All signs showing that it's model from 1992
it's not including in official catalogue, so maybe it is some special version for US market? Bike looks like a better equipped version of Unitrack CTS

abot forks - IMO there's no elastomers inside, only coil spring in both sides
Those forks had bad seals, so if forks wasn't servicing regulary, You could have a problems with bring it back to live...
That's what I found inside mine (it was also rigid...)

unishock1.jpg

But also the problem could be just old, thick grease - Scott was using some special thick grase as a damping system in spring forks

Didn't realise the gloo seeping from the bottom of the forks was just grease as didn't have all my tools to check it.
Think the bike was indeed an US model only and cost me a pretty penny to import it but it ressembled the Team and Pro Scotts of it's day but was out of my price bracket :(
Didn't have high end XT or XTR gear but the DX 7 speed stuff was pretty decent and was amazed how good nick it was in considering the crappy conditions I rode it in long ago. Replaced the original headset with a new 1" Ritchey Logic one and found some old school 20 year old Ritchey Duro 2.0 tires for it but need to track down some cantilever brakes to finish it. Unfortunately will take at least a year to finish as the bike is in NZ and I live in OZ. Too many bikes already here so couldn't bring it over.

Attachments

• cranks.jpg
    cranks.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,207
  • fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,207
  • rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,207
Back