Funk Pro Comp

Woody

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Funk pro comp 1992

Greetings and welcome to my unicorn build ! I'm the proud owner of a 1992 Funk pro comp ......i know i'm a lucky bugger ! This bike will be my favourite in my collection aesthetics wise anyway. I've always loved the e-stay design and it sparked off a run of these types of bikes for me. A Funk was always out of reach of my shallow pockets back in the day though. All I could do was drool over the pictures in the magazines.

This frame came up for for sale recently and I had to have it ! :cool:

Which direction for the build now ? I don't know if to go for XTR M900 or XT 735 , at the moment i'm edging towards XT. Unfortunately I don't have a Funk fat fork so will be using an Answer Manitou 1 up front. We'll see what happens though.

Some pic's to wet your appetite :

f4-1.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f3-1.jpg

f5.jpg

f1-5.jpg

Very :cool:

Got to be XT m735 for me - the Manitou looks good with it too, looking forward to the build :D

That looks amazing in the purple colour! Its going to look fantastic and I think the Manitou forks look good on it.

I'd also vote for XT on it too.

Looks awesome Chris :cool: think it would look great next to my white/pink one when they are both completed ;)

Funk n hell :shock: that is very nice , proper unicorn stuff there Woody :cool:

Is this the one you mentioned to me about or is this another :)

Can't wait to see this one emerge , there are some really nice projects for 2012 already appearing.

Thanks guys ,really appreciate the comments ! I'm really gonna enjoy this build. This bike may evolve through out the year though.

@ James (gravy monster) this is another Funk frame that i picked up fella. After finding the crack on the first Funk frame I bought I needed cheering up so I bought this beauty ! The other frame will be sorted out in 2012. I'll be in touch for advice and help on the repair. ;)

f2-3.jpg

I've had to cheat already with this build. 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 headset reducers fitted and XTR M900 headset installed.
fk1.jpg

Answer Manitou 1 fork fitted (previously owned by Mike mfh126)
fk2.jpg

Turbo suede saddle or
fk5.jpg

White leather Turbo saddle ....i'm liking the white :cool:
fk4.jpg

Silver Jagwire ferrules to be used
038-1.jpg

Front end set up options ?
045-2.jpg

Back