'90 Klein Attitude Dolomite (full resto). Pic heavy!

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
First bike posed for the New Year??? :D

Got this little beast in pretty poor shape but now it's had a full professional restoration, resplendant with some nice Jonrock decals & a Paconi respray:

IMG_2120.jpg

Frame: '90 (or was told maybe '91?) Klein Attitude, XS, Dolomite

Fork: Klein Attitude 1.5"

Headset: Cartridge bearing
Stem: Klein Mission Control 1.5"
Handlebar: Klein Mission Control 1.5"
Grips: Panaracer Magic (NOS)

Brakes: M900 XTR
Brake Pads: M900 XTR
Brake Cables: Shimano SLR
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano Z-link
Brake Levers: M900 STI

Shifters: M900 STI
Front Derailleur: M900 31.8 down-pull
Rear Derailleur: M900
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT SIS
Cassette: M900 12-32 (NOS)
Chain: Shimano HG-91 (NOS)
Cranks: Topline 175mm
Crank Bolts: Cr-mo withSRP anodized caps
Chainrings: M900 XTR 26, 36, 46
Chainring bolts: M900 XTR
Bottom Bracket: Cartridge bearing
Pedals: N/A

Hub Skewers: Roval Ti
Rims: Mavic M231 HA, 32h
Hubs: Nukeproof carbon (8s cassette rear), 32h
Nipples: DT Brass
Spokes: DT Competition 20./1.8/2.0
Tyres: Panaracer Magic 2.1 Rear & Magic 2.1 Front
Tubes: Kenda presta

Saddle: Vetta SL, leather cover, manganese rails
Seatpost: Kalloy 27.2 x 400 (NOS)
Seatpost Binder: Alloy QR

Weight:21.9lb! (w/o pedals)

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

May i be the first to say that's a very nice bike, but i guess you already knew that :cool: oh and happy new year though i have to wait a few more hours to crack open the bubbly :LOL:

Thats an amazing transformation if its the one with the multiple cracks in and massive sunfade, good job :cool:

klein

Stunning :cool: !

But as it is a restoration do you have a before pic? Just always interested in the work that's been done..

Cheers,
Renzo

There must be a way to paint the bike without making it look too modern so that retro look is preserved. The powder coating method may solicit that look.

Re: klein

kleinrenzo":1cg8rqd9 said:
Stunning :cool: !

But as it is a restoration do you have a before pic? Just always interested in the work that's been done..

Cheers,
Renzo

Thanks for the kind words Fellas. The resto has been quite a labour of love. I picked up the frameset (incl. MC) in quite a poor state. It was as faded as i've seen an Attitude, with a crack at the keyhole on the rear of the seat tube & 4 suspected cracks on the mitres of the fork.

I had a go at removing the paint from the frame, fork & MC myself but it was so ridiculously hard that I ended up sending it off for a chemical peel. There was no solid evidence of any cracking once the paint on the fork was removed, just discolouration of the alloy but I had a bead of weld run over the areas as a precautionary measure. The parts received a light sand blast to better adhere the paint & to take away any scratches etc. Then I sanded & 'bogged' the welds on the fork & keyhole before the frame was resprayed. I added the decals before the clear coating process. Very happy with the end result.

Here's a 'before' pic:
attitude.jpg

Back