My twin kleins

guymuttley21

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Since march this year- 2011 I have got into Klein attitudes.
My first Klein was a horizon linear fade with rockshox mag21.

500f2abe.jpg

Did a few modifications to it but ultimately sold recently to a fellow retrobiker.

Next Klein I bought was off retrobike, another attitude but in dolomite/team us colours and with rigids. This is an ongoing project but getting near to where I want it. Basically shimano xt/xtr build with 3dv finishing kit.
When I bought it-

1defa21b.jpg

ae52f5d3.jpg

Current pics below, I have changed both bearings, de- stickered and cleaned, removed stuck seatpost. Bought cook bros cranks, m900 brakes and nos pads, ritchey grips, m900 hubs with fr. Araya rm20 rim and campag rear. Ritchey alpha bite front tyre. Ground control rear. Nos m095 shifters, xt m735 pedals. Xtr skewers, flite saddle.

1d9a0326.jpg

00e1552c.jpg

0f98002c.jpg

Also with panaracer magics, not sure on these-

15ea2296.jpg

Will add pics of my next Klein, which is also a bike bought and owned by two retrobikers.

prefer the front susser bike which is very odd for me as i hater susser's :LOL:
A nice pair of Kleins to own & ride :cool:

its an interesting comparo to see how a few component choices make the bike look vastly different ( and better imho )

the dolomite with the flite and purple cooks etc looks so much faster, sharper and cooler than the one with silver XT cranks and avocet saddle!

I prefer your 2nd version with the silver parts. More period correct with the avocet saddle.
I ever tried purple parts on a “Team america" but they no fit so nice on that bike in reality. Such a klein needs classic building ;)

Have to agree with the 'no purple ano on Dolomites' camp - the paint on a Klein is the standout feature;

Less is more ;)

Latest posts

Back