Fusion 0250 Rear Brake Hanger Issue..NOW SORTED, THANKS

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Hi Folks,

While putting together this great find the first problem I have encountered is that I really want to fit cantis though it but there is no rear brake cable stop/hanger. I'm sure these came fitted with cantis back in the day. In the manufacturer catalogue section on here there is a pic on the from cover of my exact model but I just cant make it out....arrrrggggh! I can't seem to find an aftermarket one.....or...am I being stupid???!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• rsz_photo0334.jpg
    rsz_photo0334.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 778
It might have had a separate hanger that attached via the seat bolt or somewhere thereabouts. Some manufacturers used to do that on smaller frames.

It is not a problem if it sits loose, it just needs to hold the outer cable back, i've seen such a thing in the flesh, it looks simple but it works.
If you bend it 90 degrees you wil loose power, because the power needed for braking wil be consumed by the device bending back.
Hope this makes sense. :LOL:

If I were you I'd try to fit it between the seatstays where the seatbolt is exposed. If this prohibits proper clamping of the seatpost I would attach it on the side of the seatbolt.

Like this:

br9999a.jpg

Bram J":3rjg2sm9 said:
If I were you I'd try to fit it between the seatstays where the seatbolt is exposed. If this prohibits proper clamping of the seatpost I would attach it on the side of the seatbolt.

That actually makes alot of sense ....I'm gonna get one ordered matey...many thanks for your time :D

Racin'snake":3tkj760f said:
Bram J":3tkj760f said:

That actually makes alot of sense ....I'm gonna get one ordered matey...many thanks for your time :D

Absolutely no problem! :)

Back