Drunken eBay Purchase #978

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I'm sure this is in the wrong section(probably doesn't have one!) but does anyone here know anything about these Lowrider type bikes? It says "Lovely Lowriders" on the headtube but I googled that and its just a Californian Lowrider Supplier.

I think the missus may get it for xmas!

Attachments

• rsz_photo0325.jpg
    rsz_photo0325.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,116
that would just be too cool for my collection.....like having lenny kravitz round for tea...... :D

I must warn you that those bikes are horrifically dangeorous at anything more than slow jogging pace. My mate has one and tried to ride it to our church one day which is down the hill from our houses. He doesn't know much about bike geometry but the harrowing experience he had must have had some major effect on him as he was able the describe what was wrong easily.

As the front wheel is very far forward of the headtube, and the handlebars nearly as bad the bike actually pivots in the middle when it steers, just like those big dumper trucks that are effectively a big hinge with wheels.

So when you get up to a half decent speed as my friend did then have to steer round a pothole the bike basically drops on its side very fast leaving you to slide down the Tarmac. As you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt this ends up making you look like someone has attempted to shot blast you.

Chicks dig scars but not people who look like they've been peeled.

Rob Atkin":7oqqvup2 said:
I must warn you that those bikes are horrifically dangeorous at anything more than slow jogging pace. My mate has one and tried to ride it to our church one day which is down the hill from our houses. He doesn't know much about bike geometry but the harrowing experience he had must have had some major effect on him as he was able the describe what was wrong easily.

As the front wheel is very far forward of the headtube, and the handlebars nearly as bad the bike actually pivots in the middle when it steers, just like those big dumper trucks that are effectively a big hinge with wheels.

So when you get up to a half decent speed as my friend did then have to steer round a pothole the bike basically drops on its side very fast leaving you to slide down the Tarmac. As you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt this ends up making you look like someone has attempted to shot blast you.

Thanks for the advice Rob....I just tried riding it in my house and very nearly came a cropper! I think its gonna be an ornament not a rider!

Racin'snake":og8ti2jk said:
Rob Atkin":og8ti2jk said:

Thanks for the advice Rob....I just tried riding it in my house and very nearly came a cropper! I think its gonna be an ornament not a rider!

As far as I know they are ok for cruising a beachfront promenade or similar, where you're gonna be going slowly and it's flat. They are a bike to show off on, and at that they are very good!!

Shiny shiny! They can't be all that hard to ride. Ian Brown rode one backwards for ages in the video for F.E.A.R.

Back