gt rts 3

acelectrical

Dirt Disciple
hi
i have just bought a gt rts 3, described as very good condition, i have been trying to find some old reviews and gt brochures which has the spec, and some info on the bike, it was on ebay and got it for £122, seemed a good price, would be grateful for any ones input. Also was thinking of putting some mag wheels on it, again would like some advice and recomendations.

aaargh! Not the mag wheels! For me, part of the appeal of the rts is its open, airy, light look.

Mags on it would be like doing a Picasso version of Mona Lisa...

the catalogues are online here on this site, should be able to help you. from memory, the RTS 3 was all shimano STX with a Rock Shox Quadra fork.

congrats on your new bike!!
I had see the rts 3 ont the bay,as i won the rts2 frame off there too,£97 for the frame but i think it was that much as it had the rear roller on it for the back brake.

Dave

mtbdave":1kh221yl said:
congrats on your new bike!!
I had see the rts 3 ont the bay,as i won the rts2 frame off there too,£97 for the frame but i think it was that much as it had the rear roller on it for the back brake.

Dave
i seen that and was in two minds to bid on that, but in the end went for the complete bike, as i didnt have any parts, and did not want to pull my 92 a/stars cromega apart as i have just had it painted. i have always thought the GT RTS was a fantastic looking bike, even today it still looks good, i remember when it first came out as frame only it was really expensive.

Yes I don't blame you going for the full bike I bought it for spares(the bushes/barings/brake roller/rocker are getting v.scarse now,not to mention a new shock from noleen being $198 plus postage!!

Am starting from scratch got a 92 rts-1 frame/forks and been sourcing parts as best I can I didn't realise what was involved,but am getting thru it (the bike and my bank balance!!!)
Ha ha ha

Dave

mtbdave":3lk8a5cc said:
Yes I don't blame you going for the full bike I bought it for spares(the bushes/barings/brake roller/rocker are getting v.scarse now,not to mention a new shock from noleen being $198 plus postage!!

Am starting from scratch got a 92 rts-1 frame/forks and been sourcing parts as best I can I didn't realise what was involved,but am getting thru it (the bike and my bank balance!!!)
Ha ha ha

Dave
i have noticed that some parts are a little thin on the ground, i dont know about you but some of these rts bikes look good with mag wheels, but it seems quite a few people think they should have standard wheels on, also i have never riden one of these bikes bought it on its looks, do you know what they are like to ride.

The reason for the spinnergy wheels is because in 93 or 94 you could order the top end bikes with these wheels as an option,as for riding,handling etc I don't know what there like I wanted one of these bikes since they came out hence the 92 rts 1 with 4130 chrome rear triangle,but near £2500k is a lot when your only 13!!!

mtbdave":xf5rb13b said:
The reason for the spinnergy wheels is because in 93 or 94 you could order the top end bikes with these wheels as an option,as for riding,handling etc I don't know what there like I wanted one of these bikes since they came out hence the 92 rts 1 with 4130 chrome rear triangle,but near £2500k is a lot when your only 13!!!
That is a bit steep

Back