Brodie climbMax ( Book cover bike )

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi all
picked up another project this past week. if i can't successfully remove the rattle can black and/or original paint under is too messed up this will need a paint job. when you think brodie what colour comes to mind? what is THE iconic brodie colour scheme?
thanks
roy

Attachments

• Brodie 005.JPG
    Brodie 005.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 5,600
  • Brodie 003.JPG
    Brodie 003.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 5,601
  • Brodie 002.JPG
    Brodie 002.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 5,600
  • Brodie 001.JPG
    Brodie 001.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 5,600
this would look sensational... :shock:

Im just presuming its a 89/90 climbmax...??? I alway thought the Romax was prestige with fillet brazing, but i could be wrong... :?

great score regardless, and to get it with a gatorblade fork is awesum.... :cool:

Attachments

• handbuilt brodie.jpg
    handbuilt brodie.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 5,500
great find. I love Brodie's.
I'd have to go with a brown paint scheme (sorry!). At least it would look retro!

hi
this was a craigslist find. just said mountain bike. no description and a crappy little cellphone picture. guy didn't know what he had. no decals.
people who i've shown it to so far are saying probably it's an 88 or 89 catalyst. i will be sending serial number to paul brodie for a positive id. as for the build. there is a local painter here named toxik harald who i understand painted bitd for either rocky mountain or brodie or both. i can't remember what they said. i will see about getting it done by him. would like to see pictures of your colour choices. never seen the brown recommended. components will be what came on it. seems to be all dx.
roy

might well be a catalyst, or even a sovereign for that matter, i was merely going by the U-brake, and the current spec shown, all guess work, im sure fmj or someone closer to home might know some more...., by 90 the catalyst was running rear cantis.....!!! are you able to make out the frame number...???

i have always liked the green and white from the 1990 model year below too...

Attachments

• brodie.jpg
    brodie.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5,398
Brodie

Hey roy If your interested in a trade ...I have a few interesting things.We have met before I sold your some syncros gear ...I'm in Richmond anyways drop me a line if your interested thanks John

hi
sorry everyone who's emailed me about this bike. it's a keeper. one i can scratch off my wanted list. but who knows. i might fix it up and not like how it rides. you never know. it's going to be awhile before i get to this so don't hold your breathe for updates. but i will keep everyone in the loop on progress and parts aquired. still would like
colour scheme ideas though. i do like the white and green combo. very nice. where did those articles come from?
merry christmas all
roy

Retro_Roy":kvthlazp said:
hi
sorry everyone who's emailed me about this bike. it's a keeper. one i can scratch off my wanted list. but who knows. i might fix it up and not like how it rides. you never know. it's going to be awhile before i get to this so don't hold your breathe for updates. but i will keep everyone in the loop on progress and parts aquired. still would like
colour scheme ideas though. i do like the white and green combo. very nice. where did those articles come from?
merry christmas all
roy

Second level sport were the U.k importer for TBG, the images are from the archives. The original catalogue displayed both Kona and Brodie for obvious reasons.

Im sure im not the only retrobike member here that rode a kona but lusted after the handbuilt Brodie... :roll:

Does anyone know if second level sport actually imported more than just sample stock into the uk...???

Back