Proflex 757 - retromod rebuild

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Almost got my 757 finished and wanted to get some opinions on it and advice about the Risse shock but not sure which forum it belongs in ? I think the only bit which is actually pre 98 is the frame !
I had a 552 a long time back in these colours and loved it so this has been a bike build which has survived my ever changing mind this year which has seen a Mongoose Titanium, Dynatech Diablo and even a Merlin come and go such is the attachment.
I have tried, really I have, to like Girvin forks but I just don't so with the arrival of the upgraded swingarm the carbon fetish continued with the Pace fork and anything with Easton written on it !
Juicy 3's were spares so on they go but had a right faff with rear disc adaptors. Currently sporting a modified DDG one which I still not sure about - anyone put discs on theirs ?

Here's the spec...
Proflex 757 Large with carbon swingarm upgrade
Risse rear air shock
Pace RC36 Stealth 100mm forks
Mavic Crossride disc wheels
Avid Juicy 3 brakes with Goodridge braided hoses (180 front / 160 rear)
LX M580 series Hollowtech cranks, shifters, front mech
XT M750 rear mech (one up in Proflex fashion)
Easton carbon EC70 seatpost, stem and Monkey bars
WTB Rocket V titanium rail saddle
Wellgo MG1 magnesium pedals
Onza YELLOW ! grips - match perfectly :)

All in it weighs about 27lbs which I think is pretty good without trying too hard and could easily lose a few lbs.
Not quite there yet, still got the cassette, chain and cables to sort out and cut the seatpost down.
Does anyone know what the recommended pressure for the Risse is ?

Thanks for looking. :cool:

Attachments

• 757proflex1.jpg
    757proflex1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,042
Any reason you've got your brakes hung the wrong way around? Front lever on the right hand, rear on the left?

If my memory serves Reese Racing shock pressure is variable by rider weight from 60-110psi but I could be wrong. I'd email them with what shock you have, your weight and what type of riding you'll be doing. They're very a responsive company and great to deal with. You can contact them here sales@risseracing.com or 541-526-7242.

Brakes the wrong way round?? Its you Yanks that do them the wrong way round! :LOL: In Europe it is common for the front brake to be on the right, rear brake on the left

Really? So strange, especially on hydraulics, the rear hose has such a harsh angle on it coming out of the lever. Can't be good for fluid pressure.

Re the brakes it's the british way.

I almost killed a prominent American theatre director by loaning him a bike. He tried to do a spectacular skid in rush hour traffic and almost ended up under a bus as he shot over the bars.

Next you'll tell me I'm spelling aluminum wrong too! Back to the bike... Yes I'm sure those brake lines were measured and bled on another bike as the front is too long and rear is too short. However, braided hoses in general look great.

Lol.
No comments about the bike then ? Just the drive on the left v drive on the right argument. :roll:
I was waiting for some derision of its not a Proflex without Girvins and disc brakes are the work of the devil but I may have succeeded in making the first non retro retro bike which goes unnoticed ?
Yes the brakes came off a different bike so hoses aren't right and the brake adapter makes the rear hose come up vertical, maybe can replace with an angled connector ?
I might have (pleeeeeeease) managed to source a Hammerhead rear adapter so hope this tidies thing up a bit.
Thanks for the info on Risse - I had it set at 80 psi which was a good guess but now know what the limit is to compensate for the extra sag which will follow the Christmas overindulgence.

Back