Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
this came from ringo a while ago.

dont really know what has gone wrong but i seem to have lost the love :cry:

got a few parts in stock to hopefully get the fire burning.

here's a pic

IMAG0372 by lewis1641, on Flickr

yeah get it out for a thrash dave
really fun things to ride

here's mine

P1030428.jpg

It's the mismatched wheels campy front and mavic? rear.

Stick a sensible stem and bars on that and it'll be nice ;(

FluffyChicken":3gbx9e56 said:
It's the mismatched wheels campy front and mavic? rear.

correcto

bar and stem are on the list, as is the chainset.

i have some 739 sti's to go on which means a swap over to 739 v brakes which are winging their way over from the netherlands as we speak.

the chainset has to go too. i have a 739 in stock and also the polished race face, not sure which to fit.

oo got a black flite for it too so just need grips and i think i will be happier

finally some progress.

I really am in two minds over the colour of the frame. I have removed most of the colour from the rest of the bike and it is looking a bit better now. still might strip and polish it one day though.

Groupset is mow almost complete xt 729, polished race face cranks. I have retained the kore riser but swapped the stem for a ringle copy. I will either swap this for a silver kore or polish it. grips are now black lock on jobbies but will be swapped for black onza ules at some point.

saddle is a 91 flite - will locate a later one at some stage but no rush.

wheels are mavic somethingororther (239 rings a bell) with xt 739 hubs and an 8 speed cassette.

needs something sorting with the x lite seatpost, either swapping out or removing the blue anno.

i have a judy crown and steerer so i can run aheadstem without the converter too.

anyway here she is at present.

IMAG1238 by lewis1641, on Flickr

c and c welcome

i am definately of the strip the paint and polish it team. (and period correct decals). sure it willlook like any other LTS, however that is a good thing. these old first generation ones in ball burnished finish, were iconic.

Cracking job, looking a lot better.

merckx":38c42y3i said:
i am definately of the strip the paint and polish it team. (and period correct decals). sure it willlook like any other LTS, however that is a good thing. these old first generation ones in ball burnished finish, were iconic.

Trouble with that is it dulls very quickly (unlike factory polished finishes), water left on the bare alloy frame will dry into stains, even finger marks show up, getting it clear anodized would be a solution though.

i have managed to find a polished frame in 16" so going to rebuild this with that now. happy days

Back