Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 1227
Location: Birmingham
Frank, I have Blizzard Decal Artwork as you know. Can alter the colour for you & send onto you or a Forum Decal Guy :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
claret73 wrote:
Frank, I have Blizzard Decal Artwork as you know. Can alter the colour for you & send onto you or a Forum Decal Guy :wink:


Thanks Andy, sure shoot them over to me via email. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Nice!!! I'm slowly finding all your bikes =)

I like the black mesh housing! Way cool!

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
shutter wrote:
Nice!!! I'm slowly finding all your bikes =)

I like the black mesh housing! Way cool!

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?


I think either fourth or third behind XTR, XT, DX. They dropped DX on or before they introduced XTR. Can't recall exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
RockiMtn wrote:
shutter wrote:
Nice!!! I'm slowly finding all your bikes =)

I like the black mesh housing! Way cool!

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?


I think either fourth or third behind XTR, XT, DX. They dropped DX on or before they introduced XTR. Can't recall exactly.


I think LX replaced DX in 1994...as RockiMtn said, it came third behind XTR and XT. Doubt it if actually stands for anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
PeteC wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:
shutter wrote:
Nice!!! I'm slowly finding all your bikes =)

I like the black mesh housing! Way cool!

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?


I think either fourth or third behind XTR, XT, DX. They dropped DX on or before they introduced XTR. Can't recall exactly.


I think LX replaced DX in 1994...as RockiMtn said, it came third behind XTR and XT. Doubt it if actually stands for anything.



Thanks! Now.. Is it thought of as "good" on a bike?

Or is it like "Ahhh man! Why would you put crummy LX parts on that frame!?"

I'm only asking because in the road bike world there are different models of Campagnolo and its always Record of nothing... If you go anything below the best (like chorus, Athena, xenon) it's pure thumbs down and disrespect all the way...

Personally I like the black components in the LX group...

Just curious on the general opinion...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
For me, nothing wrong with going with LX kit on a bike. I quite fancy the LX black group in particular. I have some on a Blizzard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
I think MTBers are a little more forgiving than roadies, and it definately depends on the frame. If it's a $3000 custom made indy fab, it'd be weird to put LX kit on it. Using the roadie analogy again, LX and DX are about equivalent to shimano 105...it works just fine, but you're not going to see any of it at NAHMBS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:47 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
PeteC wrote:
I think MTBers are a little more forgiving than roadies, and it definately depends on the frame. If it's a $3000 custom made indy fab, it'd be weird to put LX kit on it. Using the roadie analogy again, LX and DX are about equivalent to shimano 105...it works just fine, but you're not going to see any of it at NAHMBS.



True, that's what I really like about mountain bikes! I do enjoy a little mix and match =)

when I got my first three frames I started collecting XTR M900 parts... I have almost three complete groups right down to the hubs / headset... But now most of that stuff is going back on the market... I now find myself matching the derailleurs to the shifters then the rest is whatever matches the scheme of the frame =)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
Got bored today so I had to find something to do. :)

Updated the "Hammer" Blizzard with a set of LX STi. Originally bought as 8spd but turned out to be 7spd. Held on to them trying to figure out what to do with them for a while and then just decided to through them on the Blizzard anyway. This meant swapping out the wheels, as I had 8spd XT on it. Had to resort to an older 7spd XT/Wolber AT18/Ritchey Zmax wheelset.

While I was at it, I put some black tubing liners across the top tube cable runs and down from the stem hanger to blend into the frame. As well I changed the brake straddles and grips.

Think it improved the overall look a little. Just a little more cleaner and better put together, while also a little bit more stealthier. 8)


Attachments:
DSC05480.JPG
DSC05480.JPG [ 126.42 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05483.JPG
DSC05483.JPG [ 135.63 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05473.JPG
DSC05473.JPG [ 71.98 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05478.JPG
DSC05478.JPG [ 78.39 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05475.JPG
DSC05475.JPG [ 65.84 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05476.JPG
DSC05476.JPG [ 103.96 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
DSC05477.JPG
DSC05477.JPG [ 81.38 KiB | Viewed 157 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CTK, grarea, nbcord, Peugeot_Sandman, sztopi17 and 49 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group