91 Scott Windriver Sports

kingsaxlingham

Dirt Disciple
Picked this up for the princly sum of £10. If anyone knows the year or more info, would like to know. Done a bit of searching and its not come up with anything, especially in this colourscheme.

More photos to follow as I've made a few changes. The original saddle wasn't included, instead it came with a new specialized one off of his recently purchased new mtb.

Replaced the Deore crankset which was really worn with a good condition LX set, also the stem was in a dire state so as a temp measure for the foreseeable future I've stuck an adapter in and plopped an a-head stem / bontrager crow bar on.

Both deraulliers & shifters / breaks DX. Wheels DX hubs with RM20's (i think).

Original pic :

30atego.jpg

I think this is 1990/1?.. I remember when these were in the LBS, used to love the scott range back then.

Nice pick up for such a bargain price!!

I had exactly same one with resprayed rear triangle (in my frame this part was black, not white)

windy1.jpg

Double butted Tange Infinity, cr-mo Spinner forks, Deore DX stuff, and RM20s rims... that's oryginal specyfication
windy911.jpg

Lovely bike. You will have much fun with it for sure.
The laquer seems to be in good condition, too. That sets it apart from most old Scott bikes including mine. Great find!
Colourwise i would say the saddle is cool but the modern form don't really suit this iconic classic but that's only my personal feeling..

* Update *

In its current guise.. (after a little work).

6815168156_f410aac110_z.jpg

(So clean and shiney the lights reflecting off it in places!)

Things I've done :

Trued wheels, rear brake cabling. Dropped it down to a single ring on the front and removed front deraullier (due to being used as my commuter at the moment). Given it a bit of a clean. Replaced Stem / bars due to rust and general poor condition of the old ones. Will eventually get black stem, but for the moment this one will do!

To Do :

New seat post and get a white Turbo saddle. New tyres (Big Apples I think). Replace front brake cables. Clean cassette (got a little messy when lubed). Also will be replacing gear cable soon (Pink outer near the deraullier?).

Current Spec:

Race Face DH Bars (temporary - though will prob keep them with black stem).
Cheapy Pro Stem from a sale on Chain Reaction, urgently needed to replace original stem.
Unknown seat post, might be worth a good clean.
Generic Specialized saddle, to be replaced.

DX group - Shifters, Rear Deraullier, Pedals, Breaks, Cassette, Hubs.
LX Chainset due to original DX set rounded out so loose on the BB.

Back