1996 Kona Koa

Chickenball

Retro Guru
Found this frame at a LBS and couldn't pass it up. This will be my 3rd Kona and my 2nd in my garage. I plan on a FULL XTR m95x build with Syncros seatpost/stem. Here's a preview of my winter project!

P1050080.jpg

P1050081.jpg

P1050083.jpg

P1050086.jpg

P1050084.jpg

P1050087.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

What plan, respray or leave as it is??

Was it a bargain??

I would like to respray it. Going to contact Gil for some decals. Its in pretty rough cosmetic shape but everything is true. Costed me a kewl $45 CDN ($50 w/ the Zoke XC600). But the seals are shot and I just ordered a threadless headset.

Wow great price that :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

What colour would you go same as it is??

I'd keep it the same colour if you get it re-sprayed, Koa's are pretty rare and are nice bikes indeed. Those forks are cool too! :cool:

Watching this with interest. I have a Koa waiting in line for a resto. Ridden it in anger once and bent the seatpost because I had it too high hehe.

skinnyboy":944x96w8 said:
Watching this with interest. I have a Koa waiting in line for a resto. Ridden it in anger once and bent the seatpost because I had it too high hehe.

Wow that's alot of rage!!! I don't think it will happen with this one....going with a Syncros 27.0 seatpost!

Chickenball":1v3vnqc9 said:
skinnyboy":1v3vnqc9 said:

Wow that's alot of rage!!! I don't think it will happen with this one....going with a Syncros 27.0 seatpost!

Lol not really, just me on a ridiculously small bike (14") on our usual trails. I wasn't until the end of the ride did I notice it was bent. Lovely Kona Racelite 27.0 as well!

Back