1995 Hahanna rescue & rebuild

Peterpoddy

Retrobike Rider
So I bought this as a project recently, looking very sad and sorry and covered in old stickers (Which were a BITCH to get off, especially the sticky parts!)

I spent a long time stripping and cleaning and servicing, and it's really in super condition. All the hub cups and cones are literally perfect, and whilst it's got some scuffs in the paint, it's a really smart little bike and all original apart from the brakes and forks
(He threw the P2s away!! Arggghhhhh!!!)
It's hardly ever been ridden TBH.
I've probably done at least 5hrs work on it, and it's as sweet as a nut to ride.
The eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted it on eBay... :)
But I'm hoping to get chance to give it a proper ride before I sell it....

IMG_2819 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2857 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2827 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2838 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2828 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2823 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2853 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2835 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_2846 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Cheers!

Looking at the pics I think I still have some more cleaning to do though! I can still see sticky bits all over it!

Autoglym bug and tar remover does the trick for me when remove sticky bits. Readily available from Halfords, local car accessory shop etc.

Looks a great bike! Do you have any 'before' pics for comparison?

Before pics? Only a phone one.

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

I bought it 'under the counter' from this eBay ad -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Hahanna- ... 500wt_1413

It was the stickers that gave me the stress. A hairdryer got some of them off, soaking under a wet rag others, but the sticky resider was a nightmare, it's still not all gone. I used cellulose thinners on a rag, but even that took a lot of elbow grease. On the plus side, some of them had protected the paintwork well!
There was a lot of tat on it too: Lights, bar ends, computer, DCD......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
spray the sticky parts with furniture polish the cheaper the better as they tend to have more solvent, leave for 15 mins then wipe off.

What travel forks are they then Pete?

My GF's got a similarly aged Hahanna with P2's but has always wanted some suspension forks. (She's got a flexstem at the moment) I wonder if she'd get away with putting 100 MM travel forks on a frame that old, as I've got a set of MX Pros gathering dust in the attic?

Back