Klein Adroit Koi 1996: For Sale!

Barnefield

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Via a dutch marketplace called marktplaats.nl, I found this strange build Klein Adroit Koi. No explanation, no framenumber, no good pictures.
Also I thought that it had magura brakes, so the holes drillet out and that's why I ignored the bike for a while.
After a couple of months the bike was still on marktplaats. I saw this all on my iPad and then I thought, well let's take a better look on the desktop PC.
And then I discoverd that it where no magura, but V-brakes, Shimano XTR 950 components, King hubs, Titanium spokes and everything in perfect shape!
So I sended an email, got back some pictures and a nice story about the bike, a Klein Adroit 97/98 he told me...
He also told me that there was an extra saddle, named "Flite".
We made a appointment and the deal was made very quick when I saw her. Almost no scratch, no dents or what so ever.
Everything shiny and in perfect shape. A bit dirty, but I like that :)

This is how she was when I found her:

Because the wetter is very bad here in the Netherlands I finally found some time to clean and rebuild the bike this morning.
After the cleaning I discovered that the frame number is perfectly readable: 19T0596161.
Well my heart was bouncing and I was really trilled to see that this Klein Adroit Koi is actually a 1996 Klein! Perfect!

This is how she is now after a lot of care and love!

Sometimes you have to be a bit lucky :)

The wheels and Chris King hubs need to be cleaned carefully, that's why I used the wheels with TNT hubs from my first project (Klein Adroit Storm 1994).
I will sell the Michelin wildgripper lites tires, the fisik saddle and probably also the Chris King wheels with titanium spokes. I have nothing with the colour blue.
The wheels and hubs are in perfect shape!

The only question I have is that I will replace the V-brakes and buy some USA brand instead, but for which brand and v-brakes?
The colour has to be black. Paul? Proshift? Avid?
What do you think what I can change on this bike?

Greetings, Dirk

Wheels

Hi DJ,

Never seen it on Martkplaats DJ?? But it's absolutly a stunner to see and the size you were looking for, what a find.

But dibs on the King wheels DJ, I can use some blue stuff :LOL:

Nice, too small, but nice ;)

I've got the same bike, still need to install some stuff like a different fork :D

Jamis Diablo":2df27l1x said:
Another beauty Dirk, this is my favourite colour scheme.
For brakes I would choose black Pauls.

yes, black Pauls would be my choice too! And I probably chainge the chainset for the 5 arm version. But it's a stunner allready!

Hi Dirk,

really a great looking colour! Your old one was nice, too. But this is looks fresh and juicy.
If you don't have any further use for one of these blue Cog Hogs please let me know. I think a black and grey Rollamajig would suit that XTR rear mech best. ;)

Cheers,

Adam

Back