http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174596

For reference:
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... kler%20(05)&Type=bike

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... kler%20(16)&Type=bike

Andrew Titley/MBUK/Stif Cycles:
385800_10151024026930541_717250540_22010205_1331609703_n.jpg

Ebay image
310543_10150979522680541_717250540_21851681_1151783640_n.jpg

i was watching this on Ebay too! was very tempted to bid but saw the collection only bit and thought sod that!

My first heckler was the same as this, albeit yellow front and polished swingarm. Awesome bike, i bought it in canada then brought it back. it was so good that my 2 riding mates then bought hecklers, later models though 2000 era when they redesigned the swingarm for discs.

I later stripped the paint and painted it white, we went to morzine in 2002 with red, white and blue hecklers. Awesome holiday!

Sadly that bike got nicked, a couple of years later i ended up with another heckler, sold that but miss it!

Nice buy!

Well done Jimmy,you did really well :cool: Especially to get the cranks too,whats their condition?
You might be able to sell the cranks to pay the majority of the frame,a couple more sales with profit[bad word :LOL:] and the frame will effectively be free ;)
Let me guess,remains of a CK headset on there :LOL: :LOL:

So whats the frame condition like,looks pretty good :? was the size right?

I'll let you know when it gets here!
Seller has gone away for the weekend, but is going to post it on his return. I'll be busy all week with work so won't be on the computer much. I'll do what I can with my phone, but thought I'd get a headstart tonight while I've nothing better to do.

Will probably keep the cranks. Red AC cranks are on the Titley/MBUK bike and will go nice with the Judy DHO.
Didn't notice the headset. That'll be a nice surprise :p

I have no use for the purple chainring bolts though. Yuk.

So jealous, especially when he never responded to my request for postage.

Let me know if you decide its not for you :LOL:

warpedboy2":332ou87e said:
I might be tempted to buy your bolts if you are selling them? :D

I'll sell them. As long as I get enough to cover postage and some smart price black ones i'm happy.
Am out on my phone at the mo, but will look black ones up on eBay and set a price when I get back. ;)

coomber":g0ju5oa0 said:
So jealous, especially when he never responded to my request for postage.

Let me know if you decide its not for you :LOL:

l too asked about postage with no reply from the seller :twisted: :LOL:

Whats the front mech situ for the heckler and tazmon :? is it a bottom swing :?
At the moment im trying to work out the chainline.Bikepedia is great for specs but its the little details that can be hard to find out.

dyna-ti":yqanxurm said:
Whats the front mech situ for the heckler and tazmon :? is it a bottom swing :?

The Bikepedia link says top swing for the Heckler. No idea for the Taz. Lower halves of the front triangle look similar though. :?

Back