DynaTech Mtrax 700 winter hack

richmog08

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought an old DynaTech Mtrax 700 off ebay a few months back with the intention of tarting it up and using it has a winter hack. When i started to strip it down i discovered that it had a seized seatpost and poorly paintwork. 6 weeks, an hacksaw blade and a couple of cans of Hammerite smooth blue later and we have 1 winter hack ready to go.
001-6.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-7.jpg

That's your "winter hack"? :shock: looks as good or better as my Dyna-Tech, and that's my full-time bike :shock: :LOL:

Looks to have scrubbed up very well indeed, they're quite nice frames, I'm sure it'll handle the worst of the winter without too many problems :)

Looks great. That hammerite has come up lovely.

Dont suppose you know what length bottom bracket you use on those cranks?

I dont know the bottom bracket size off the top of my head, but i should be able to let you know tomorrow. Need to drop the rear wheel out and get the cones tightened before i ride it. Looking forward to seeing how it rides, i've never ridden a DynaTech. So sad being has though i've lived in Nottingham most of my life. :oops:

Its a 1993. Took it out for a ride today for the first time and i have to say it was a very pleasing experience. It's not an out and out racer like my Sunn, but it does offer a surprising level of comfort and the steering is very sharp. Think i might go out tomorrow as well! :D

Just a tip, the angle of the dangle with those straddle wires needs sorting, or there'll be even more unjustified criticism of the effectiveness of cantis.

Back