Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi.

This is my third RTS but the first without any cracks. After the previous couple I fell out of love with the RTS and decided I would never own one. This all changed when Pickle (Jon) offered me his near mint example.

I collected it today and felt rather guilty as he has owned this from new and It means a lot to him. I have agreed though that if he ever wants it back he just has to ask, if I ever need to sell it he has first refusal and if he ever wants to ride it, he knows where it is.

Here is a quick pic as it came...
kbw2zp.jpg

frame is ready for a buff but wont take much. Fork is almost immaculate and internally good. Wheels are ace, Black LX paralax hubs, double butted spokes, and gold mavic rims - never seen them boefore but they match the fork really well.

I am going to make a few changes to the bike, dropping the saddle height for a start!

I am not sure if the stem may be a little long for me but i have a black Kore that would fit nicely.

The red chainring will be swapped for silver and I want to replace the saddle and grips for black. Apart from that i intend to leave it well alone.

If you see this Jon, thanks. I will look after the old girl

Haha bring it on big man!

It'll look better without the red, trust me

nooooooooooooooooooooo, ;)

got your front mech dude, pop down next time your about javascript:emoticon(':D')

John ........ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .......

If it were me I couldn't have bought it ........ would have felt wrong.

Please be kind and gentle.

believe me mark, i felt terrible.

but it is better for me and him for it to be 30 miles down the road rather than slung on ebay.

i dont think i can bring myself to remove the "pickle" text off the top tube though :cry:

longun":3d6o2smb said:
dave, you lay a spanner on the rts,except maintainance, n ill deck ya ;)

looks ace :D

This keeps making me laugh Chris! I think I will keep what I remove in case it does ever go back home.

Back