I think its cool...

d_douglas

Retro Guru
That there is such a variety of bikes and tastes on this forum. I was just breezing through the 'Readers Bikes' section and it struck me that there are some bikes that some people absolutely go crazy for, but I have no interest in.

Likewise, I posted my old Rocky Vertex and i am sure some people thought nothing of it.

The cool factor is that no matter what our tastes are, we are all interested in retro bikes. I love it.

I agree 100% :)
Some stuff does nothing for me at all but I think the care and attention to details that goes into ALL the resto work here is amazing and others I lust after owning and pore over every nut and bolt in the pix (Owens AMP B4, Victorzips Manitou FS and Jonrocks ARC for example....)

I agree, I look at some bikes and they do nothing for me :)

I think the Cannondale M800 posted by Beaker is gorgeous but it didnt get much interest where as some of the more lairy bikes people seem prefer :)

I agree with you all.

I think its also dependant on what riding your into, XC, DH, TT, Road etc, as to what floats ya boat.

But, at the end of the day, we all appreciate a sweet bike ;)

I also agree with that what's written above.

What I think is the most beautifull about this forum, no one will piss someones bike of, no moderator will close a topic if it's going nowhere for a little while........

And above all, we LOVE retrobikes... :D

(I even think a proflex is a nice looking bike when taken care of.....)

Yes this bike love is a strange mistress!

I am one of those people when it comes to bikes that is realy stuck on one real uncompromising style and material.

The old cromo hand built ridged kind of thang.

But i for one am so glad that you lot out there care for the rest!

We need to do this for future generations, even if its just to show what a man a pencil some metal tube a torch and massive amounts of skill can give the world.

Respect to you all,Al

d_douglas said:
Likewise, I posted my old Rocky Vertex and i am sure some people thought nothing of it.

quote]

Actually, I thought it was pretty cool.....
RM's tend to be overlooked as they are usually quite understated :(

I enjoy the friendly nature of this forum, if we all liked the same bikes we'd be in trouble.......and prices would be sky high ;)

Cheers
Stu

PS the pencil is for putting behind the ear!

You wont see many blokes standing next to a cad machine with a pencil behind their ears.

Sorry i am going on one again

:? Al.

Back