Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:03 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
One of mine is a kona....:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:04 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
GT's are my steed of choice.

I think they have re-discovered their passion for building fine bikes; their latest range is beautiful.

My 07 Avalanche Expert is a sweet ride 8)



But.......



having said that


.......offer me a swap for a mid-90's Zasker and I may just be swayed.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
GTRTS&AVALANCHE wrote:
GT's are my steed of choice.

I think they have re-discovered their passion for building fine bikes; their latest range is beautiful.

My 07 Avalanche Expert is a sweet ride 8)



But.......



having said that


.......offer me a swap for a mid-90's Zasker and I may just be swayed.......



Ive got an ink blue zaskar still in the original bubble wrap and sealed in the box as part of my spares bin..... :lol:

Racing was so cool.....all the freebies, oh how I miss them!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:50 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
speedplay wrote:
Ive got an ink blue zaskar still in the original bubble wrap and sealed in the box as part of my spares bin..... :lol:


I'd keep quiet about that living where you do :P

If it's anywhere near as R.A.F as my neighbourhood you'll have some Burberry wearing scrote trying to kick his sorry ass into your shed :roll: :roll:

I bought a fairly blinged up 'Dale yesterday and some local 'hoodies' were eyeing it up as I took it out of my car.... :shock: :shock:

It is now locked onto a ground anchor that cost more than the bike via a chain like you have never seen before :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:20 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Lost
As that teenager in the Fast Show would say, "isn't retrobike great?!".

Come down library, check MSN, then sit and trawl through the threads here! It's an addiction.. But a good one! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
neilll wrote:
speedplay wrote:
Ive got an ink blue zaskar still in the original bubble wrap and sealed in the box as part of my spares bin..... :lol:


I'd keep quiet about that living where you do :P

If it's anywhere near as R.A.F as my neighbourhood you'll have some Burberry wearing scrote trying to kick his sorry ass into your shed :roll: :roll:

I bought a fairly blinged up 'Dale yesterday and some local 'hoodies' were eyeing it up as I took it out of my car.... :shock: :shock:

It is now locked onto a ground anchor that cost more than the bike via a chain like you have never seen before :lol: :lol: :lol:



you want to try keeping one of these.....


Attachments:
09042007099 (Medium).jpg
09042007099 (Medium).jpg [ 138.25 KiB | Viewed 1247 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
speedplay wrote:
you want to try keeping one of these.....


Mate, that wouldn't last five minutes here (i'm not kidding), ride something like a KTM here and they would follow you home and that would be it, ground anchor or no ground anchor. Crossers are the 'weapon of choice' for robberies round here (even the Police had to buy a couple to keep up....)

I was gonna buy a Buell CityX a while back....it wouldn't have lasted more than a week...big 1000cc v-Twin Harley engine :cry: :cry:

A club got done round the corner from here, they turned up on a big 500cc thumper with a petrol disc cutter with a fire & rescue blade in it, cut through the hardened steel security shutters like a knife thru butter and got away with 4 x plasma TV's and whatever was left in the bandits...... :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:23 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
* AND NEXT IN THE "WHO GOT THE ROUGHEST AREA" thread *

I had the bike about 24 hours before someone tried to break into my "shed"...

Obviously they didnt realise how strong a chippy (me) could build a fortress for bikes!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:33 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
:lol: :lol: wasn't competing, I ain't proud of where I live :oops:

Shall we say Corby 1 - Northampton 1 :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:05 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
seriously though, I refuse to work in corby :oops:

I carry too many power tools to take the risk :cry:

Might have to meet up sometime for a ride though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maro, Spanky22b and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group