Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:09 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

great work here and better T2a on the pic above dude.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm 
Retro Guru

sherlylock wrote:
Next addition to the rat-bike......a pair of XT PD-M735 (cartridge bearing) pedals. Been on the look-out for these for a while and these came up at the right price, with toe-straps (cheers Alex!). Overall they're in great shape - nice and smooth bearings, not hugely worn just some cosmetic scuffing.

I did a bit of cosmetic tarting up - lightly filed down any major scuffing - masked off the majority of the pedal and just resprayed the end faces and then touched in the logos with white paint.

Was watching a pair of these on eBay over the weekend (out of interest) which were nearly NOS, but still scratched so not perfect - ended up selling for £55......! :shock:

How on earth did you manage to get the lettering so neat? Got a pair that i need to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 pm 
Retro Guru

PopsTrippin wrote:
sherlylock wrote:
Next addition to the rat-bike......a pair of XT PD-M735 (cartridge bearing) pedals. Been on the look-out for these for a while and these came up at the right price, with toe-straps (cheers Alex!). Overall they're in great shape - nice and smooth bearings, not hugely worn just some cosmetic scuffing.

I did a bit of cosmetic tarting up - lightly filed down any major scuffing - masked off the majority of the pedal and just resprayed the end faces and then touched in the logos with white paint.

Was watching a pair of these on eBay over the weekend (out of interest) which were nearly NOS, but still scratched so not perfect - ended up selling for £55......! :shock:

How on earth did you manage to get the lettering so neat? Got a pair that i need to do.

Sorry Rich.....I missed this reply......

Just painted them in using a small paintbrush and some humbrol enamel white. Then T-cutted off any bits which went outside the recessed lettering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 pm 
Retro Guru

Long overdue update - Looking much the same as when I bought it 18 months ago the PM has been temporarily decommissioned - for a proper resto. The Zolatone is really tired (always has been) and I've now got a '91 PM frame that I've swapped all the bits onto (in the background of the pic). Seatpost is also stuck which I'm planning to freeze out in the near future......

It's been a fantastic commuter for over a year and after seeing Foulplay's PM resto recently I think it's time to give this old girl a bit of TLC.......

Attachments:
knackered pm.JPG
knackered pm.JPG [ 416.67 KiB | Viewed 188 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Seeing that PM in the background takes me back to the 90's, all fuzzy weird like! that's how they were, used, basically 8)

so, mart, new zolatone re-do on the cards? let's see how that goes. powdercoat neon orange? yes. :wink:

If you get stuck for floro orange i can assist.

I will check for updates.

cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 am 
Retro Guru

Class mate! 1990 Palisades was my first proper MTB, loved it, steel Marins always ride just right! :)

I miss mine, but built the mrs a later metallic dark pink Eldridge... triple butted steel rides like a dream!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 am 
Retro Guru

Got a 94 palisades if you wanna reacquaint yourself ;-)

(Surplus to requirements, must get round to sorting it out and shifting it - but won't be as good as the eldridge or as evocative as the 90 palisades)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 am 
Retro Guru

Maybe! What size is she?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:03 am 
Retro Guru

I'd say 19 or 20" - I'll check tomoz... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7