1997 kona fire mountain

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, i picked this up off ebay last week and when i got it out of the box it was exactly what i expected! pretty much bog standard 1997 kona fire mountain in good condition.....all i was after really was the frame and forks so most of these horrible components are not being used!!!

I have t-cutted the bars and they have come up nicely, they were quite grubby as was the frame and forks...its gleaming now ;)

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

....a few days later, im just after a gear cable now....

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

...im thinking i need to get:

xtr v brakes/levers/shifter/cassette/chain (all in good time)
a middleburn chainring

hmmm, what else??? :cool:

Wow looks in great nick, lovely condition kona great find :cool:

1x9 meaning the gears? ...it's 1x8 :cool:

need to get rid of that horrible steel chainring and replace it with a middleburn!

half tempted to go single speed though, does anyone know what a good combo of rings/teeth is for that sort of set up?? :?

Tidy conversion that.

That 1x8 looks interesting too, what ring/cassette ratio's are you using and how do you find it ?

you appear to have done something common around here and hung a load of nice components off a low end frame

just sayin....

konaben82":13hserel said:
1x9 meaning the gears? ...it's 1x8 :cool:

need to get rid of that horrible steel chainring and replace it with a middleburn!

half tempted to go single speed though, does anyone know what a good combo of rings/teeth is for that sort of set up?? :?

OK, so 1x8 :) single speed: depends what you want to use the bike for-commuting, recreation on flat surface, mtb ? - all this attract your choice of gearing, but with 1x8 you are def. more flexible when you want to use the bike in diff. terrains.

before going into SSP pers. I would change the stem - that Azzonic looks a bit to bulky compared to the sleek tubes of the frame, just a thought ;)

Great find. I'd agree that the stem is not in keeping with the bike though, something less bulky would suit more imho.

Great find. I'd agree that the stem is not in keeping with the bike though, something less bulky would suit more imho.

Back