1989 Fat Chance-Update 14-11-12 Pics P3

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Please find the latest addition to FoD City Cycles,a 1989 Fat Chance in Kandy Wild Cherry.I got this bike from Ron Andrews,ex Fat City employee and racer,Ron also used to work for Merlin,Jo Breeze and Yeti to name a few, he now runs King Cage.
This bike has unusally some rack and mud guard mounts , which are not standard. It is built up with Suntour XCD accushift which i believe to be original, it also has some beautiful crome Mavic MA2 rims.The original thumbshifters and levers are a nice touch too.

The Colour is lovely , as all Fat paint jobs generally are,its like a glittery purple when the sun is on it. There are a couple of dents and allot of stone chips, but i'm happy with this as its going to be a year round rider.

So what am I going to do with it ? very little for the time being, new decals and a period Saddle and may be some amber walls ,thats it.First impressions are a little twitchy, may put a longer stem on as its quite short.Tomorrow It will get its first proper outing on the West Midlands FoD ride.

Updates to follow ..............
:D

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3,419
  • IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 3,419
  • IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,419
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,419
more pics

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3,416
  • IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,416
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,416
Like it James, I look forward to seeing it in the morning!!

It is amazing that for a 1989 bike it looks so modern and useable.

Many of this era were uber slack and show their age when compared to more modern stuff but this somehow doesn't.

Very envious - looks great :cool:

Nice one. Remember this one from fleebay auction. My 89' Wicked slowly coming along and accidentally will be mainly equipped with similar if not the same Suntour XC parts. Strange!

Very cool history :) I like the patina of it, will you restore?

kaiser":39xad8r1 said:
Very cool history :) I like the patina of it, will you restore?

thanks everyone

Kaiser, no plans to yet (I've enough to finish!), just going to use it over winter, doesn't make sense too yet,prefer to keep the original paint as long as possible.

Bike feels more compact than my Wicked, different angles etc, looking forward to giving it a blast tomorrow

theredchili":rkzrmefg said:
Bike feels more compact than my Wicked, different angles etc, looking forward to giving it a blast tomorrow

Maybe this is a short torso version? There were two top tube lenght options in Fat sizing. Can be made to order though.

Back