1991 Trek 8000 project

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up locally on Gumtree.

Looked quite tatty but not fussed at £35.

Turns out OK under 20 years of grime.

Just in the process of rebuilding now. Day off tomorrow so hopefully get it near finished.

The photo shows the bike as it arrived.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,831
That looks to be in fantastic condition!! I love these early treks, I had a 990 for a while and loved it, going to have to put an eBay watch on for one of these I think!!

benbonty":helecop7 said:
That looks to be in fantastic condition!! I love these early treks, I had a 990 for a while and loved it, going to have to put an eBay watch on for one of these I think!!

Yeah, it's in pretty good condition for a 20 year old bike. The drivetrain shows very little wear, and is original apart from the rear mech.

tiboltrider":1dvy6jaz said:
Very :cool: . Nice find! :D

I'm very pleased with it :D The Gumtree ad said it was just a frame, but when I rang the bloke he apologised that he had mis-advertised it, and it was infact a complete bike! :shock:

Need to swap out the rear mech for a DX one, find a suitable saddle and seatpost (the seatpost in the pic is an old DMR one which is far too short for this build).

This one's a keeper, but is going to be for light duties only, my track record with lightweight frames, aluminium or otherwise is not good (as you know :oops: )

Back