Its not Zolatone - but I like it.

fluroforks

Retro Guru
Well I didnt expect to be playing with this today. Its been in the paint shop for three months while we tracked down some fluro paint, finally got it back yesterday in all its lovelyness. The guy who painted the forks reckoned he was temporarily blinded just from the colour of the mist.

The grey is more matt than it looks in the photos, the flash shows it as more metallic. Its darker than I wanted but its beginning to grow on me and if we cant get the Zolatone its better than keeping it in grey primer.

Anyway, Gil came to the rescue re the decals and the frame is now brought back to life again. Hopefully Ill get time to build it up properly before Christmas, im not saying which Christmas though.

Attachments

• Marin 001.JPG
    Marin 001.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Marin 004.JPG
    Marin 004.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Marin 006.JPG
    Marin 006.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,716
i love the last picture! the fluro is so bright the camera has struggled. looks like you took a pic of the frame and added the rest in MS Paint!

If we were discussing this face to face we wouldnt be able to hear each other over the forks! They are really loud in the flesh.

Just hope it stays look that crisp when it gets it DX adornments.

Loving the bright orange....just wait til you see the shocking pink i had my Team Marin forks, stem and bars resprayed in!!

I'm still holding out for the possibility that one day i'll find a zolatone paint that matches for my builds :? Tis not an easy quest as you know my friend!! :roll:

My eyes won't focus on the orange bits!!

I used to have a Charvel guitar that colour. People hated it :LOL:

I didn't care.

I'm loving that... The fluro is bloooody gorgeous...

Zolatone has been perfectly re-created on here, and it looked identical to the real deal... :cool:

Zolatone search was pretty much exhausted on this side of the pond - but im not at all convinced that it cant be sourced from the states!!!

This grey is as close as I thought I could get but in hindsight I think I could have got it closer. Can anyone guess what it is?

Its dark in the room the bikes in at the moment and you can still tell the forks are glowing.

Back