A Specialized Project...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
My 1992 Stumpjumper Comp (bought nearly NOS this Summer) with only a couple of things to finish.

and...

My 1993 Rockhopper Comp owned from new and in need of some TLC and a rebuild now it's been relieved of station runner duties.

Great thing is the decals on each is pretty much the colour of the other's paint.

:D

Attachments

• rock2.jpg
    rock2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 2,129
  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,124
  • stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,123
  • rockstump.jpg
    rockstump.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,122
Was that Rockhopper the one that vandalized at the station? Looks good now

Wu-Tangled":110ywlw8 said:
Great thing is the decals on each is pretty much the colour of the other's paint.

:D

another ying and yang bike thang :)

48a8253e-1.jpg

Street - you've got a Rockhopper of this era haven't you?

Tintin - Yup, same one, but he's a survivor.

RBG - Kije the Kestrels! Yeah, yin/ yang is the answer clearly. (should have kept my Merlin Softail and had another pairing. :cry:

Stumpy

The stumpy is a work of art, not just to look at, but to ride also.

Gus very kindly let me loose on it back in Aug for the calender shoot,
rides like a new bike and handled the South Downs single track no problem, complete bargin from france of all places!!

The Stumpjumper is lovely, I covet one in my size. Not wanting to be a nit picker and then proceeding to be just that, shouldn't it have cantis fitted or am I getting confused?

Oi nitpicker...

...the stumpy's got cantis, the Rocky however will do again when i get a chance to re-build it. Got some (not very good but oh so pretty) onZa HO's for it.

Re: Stumpy

The Salvage Tech":g1s7osvi said:
rides like a new bike !

:shock: Is that a new 'retro'bike (in which its an old bike) or a new 07 bike :shock: :LOL:

Back