1986 fat chance kicker

clockd

Retro Guru
1416ypf.jpg

Hi all,
i bought this frame off shogun700 via ebay. it was primed and ready for action.
i had no idea about the colours in 1986, i chose the kermit green with sparkles hoping to guess the green of the year.

i have the following specs, just to get the old girl rolling. my plan is to change a few bits to make it more functional. new headset and narrower tyros, maybe a proper bullmoose bar setup.

i know its not perfect but will change it when i get time

frame and fork- 1986 Fat Chance Kicker with full rack mounts
wheels: sansen hubs and alesha rims (really wide)
tyres: bontrager jones 2.1 (fattrax copies IMO)
deralleurs: suntour XCD 6000
shifters: suntour XCD 6000 with added powershifting
Chainset: sakae SX
brakes: shimano M700 deerhead
seat: sella italia anaotomic
bar and stem: nitto ??
2128yts.jpg

2hfndi9.jpg

remember seeing the bare frame on fat cogs? great colour and looks the part (if a bit rusty in parts you naughty boy ;) ) how much do you lovr her?

Glad you got round to posting a thread up on this one, I love these Kickers,great looking frame.
The green has come out well, what does it ride like ?

great job :mrgreen:

Thanks for the positive comments. :D
Well I have not ridden properly yet I'm sorry to say. Only to the shops really. This will motivate me to do so and I'll post proper ride pics

It's probably going to be changed to m735 to make it look pretty. But I had this suntour sitting around to get it moving. No rusty bits!!

Since our earthquakes all nice smooth trails are closed and really only DH style tracks exist so my bigger bikes are in action.

Stay tuned.....

Ah, here she is ;) I remember auction of that stripped frame, bit regret I haven't bid myself. Cool project. Turned out rather nice.

Well bit of an update I will add pics later.
It rides really nicely and I was using it to commute on.

Anyway long story short I hit a car broke my finger, face etc .......the bike is fine, gotta love American steel. Wee buckle in both wheels.

I have added bull moose bars and a brooks saddle, one charge tyre (how hard are they to install !!!!!) and I will update soon as I have a minute.

Back