Finished Near NOS 1992 Custom Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

jburon

Retro Newbie
Just finished my 1992 Stumpjumper. As you can see I still need a 1 1/8 turquoise Chris kKng top cap so that part is missing. Other than that the bike has 3 or 4 well touched up scratches and a couple of small marks hear and there from storage and that's it. All parts have well under a hundred miles or are unused. Headset is unused and is fading. Lucky enough to get anodized parts from 4 different manufacturers to match up somewhat after almost 2 decades. Pleas let me know what you think.

Frame: 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper comp
Fork: 1993? Specialized Future Shock NOS (mag 21)
Headset: Chris King turquoise no logo NOS faded
Stem: 1994? Specialized S Works Ti
Bar: Bontrager Ti
Shifters: Grip Shift (not sure model)
Grips: Gripshift
Levers: Pauls
Brakes: Avid Tri Align
Seat Post: American Classic
Seat: Sella Itallia Onda
Bottom Bracket: Phil Wood
Crankset and Rings: FSA Power-Pro
Pedals: Welgo (I know they are not the best, but I am undecided as how to proceed)
Front Mech: Shimano LX
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR M900
Hubs Front and Rear: Shimano XTR M900
Rims:Matrix Singletrack
Tires: Panaracer Smoke Lite Comp still with nobs
Quick Releases: Shimano XTR M900

Attachments

• 2011-10-21_15-43-32_824-1-1.jpg
    2011-10-21_15-43-32_824-1-1.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 2,447
That looks fantastic, great work on it.

That should have been in the Bike Of The Month bitchfest.

question

I am new to this forum, not bikes. What is bike of the month and how do bikes get picked for it?

Re: question

jburon":1weiu959 said:
I am new to this forum, not bikes. What is bike of the month and how do bikes get picked for it?

It's on the main chat page at the top. You just enter your bike and let the public vote. Grown men get very upset and competitive about it.

It's great.

fork for sale

I have a great condition 1992 stumpjumper comp pink fork for sale. It will come with a suntour wtb grease guard headset. The headset will need those o rings and bearings.

Back