Raleigh Special Products 853 Full Sus Prototype

bikemeister2000

Retro Guru
Just a few pics of my Raleigh Special products 853 full sus prototype. It was first to become the "Freeride", then developed into a range of full sus bikes including the DHO.

Attachments

• DSCF3122.JPG
    DSCF3122.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,969
  • DSCF3124.JPG
    DSCF3124.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,968
Really liking these frames at the moment.

That's quite a sofa on it!

Not a fan of the spinergy's but they do it for most others it seems.

Nice build. Do you use it much or fear damaging a rare prototype?

Raleigh m trax 500 problems

Hi iv just came across your post for the raleigh 853 and was looking for some advice. I have a raleigh m trax 500 and I am having alot of bother trying to fit triple chainrings. At the moment its 9spd not sure if this is part of the problem? It ranges from the top chainring rubbing on the frame to the Derailleur catching chainrings and rubbing on on the chain badly. Iv been to local bike shops and not had much success. Any advice on this or what parts you have used would be great. Thankyou.

Re: Raleigh m trax 500 problems

nathn_teb":fgwv70ha said:
Hi iv just came across your post for the raleigh 853 and was looking for some advice. I have a raleigh m trax 500 and I am having alot of bother trying to fit triple chainrings. At the moment its 9spd not sure if this is part of the problem? It ranges from the top chainring rubbing on the frame to the Derailleur catching chainrings and rubbing on on the chain badly. Iv been to local bike shops and not had much success. Any advice on this or what parts you have used would be great. Thankyou.

I'd say it's a toss up between needing a longer spindle in the BB, or a compact drive chainset if that's not what you're already trying to fit??

I’ve not been down the bb route yet just a spacer. I’ve also found that I couldn’t get the Derailleur high enough to miss the top chainring because of the rear shock mount. It’s the same frame as the one shown in the photo just a different model. All the cable guides are there for it but I’ve never been able to find any information on what was originally fitted. I will check the length of the bb and try a longer spindle as you suggest.

nathn_teb":18efnea5 said:
I’ve also found that I couldn’t get the Derailleur high enough to miss the top chainring because of the rear shock mount. It’s the same frame as the one shown in the photo just a different model.

You need a top swing front mech. like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-XT-M7 ... 43ad6b23b7

...that's why :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back