Muddy Fox alu? Advice please

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A while ago I picked this up as a bike for the parts it had been upgraded with so i've had the frame kicking about for some time, it's obviously had a re-spray and new decals.

Any ideas what it is?
At first I thought it may be an Alu comp/pro (92/93ish) frame but from what I can find they had only 1 cable routed along the top tube, this has all 3, it has the same top tube curving to the wishbone seat stay and pierced by the seat tube and canti hanger.
So... The ultimate question would be, is this something worth building up or is it a fairly modern, plain, zero feel post universal lump of aluminium? :?

2011-10-12_12-56-42_726.jpg

2011-10-12_12-59-06_505.jpg

The 1990 and 1991 Alu Pro/Team bikes had the pierced tube and downtube cable routing (both catalogues are on here), not seen a 1992 catalogue to see if this changed in 1992 though so it could well be a 1992 Alu Pro/Team frame.

Carl.

It was the catalogue scan that popped up on here earlier that got me thinking about it :LOL:
I'm liking your idea of it being '92 pro/team frame :cool:

Optimistic Bob

Would be about about the right timeframe for the majority of builders adopting that routing.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ah haaa... Just found this picture

muddy-fox-alu-foto-bild-50359254.jpg

Alu Ultra, may not be this exact frame, but same tubes and cable routeing, could be getting close to atleast finding a year , any ideas anyone?

My Alu pro only has rear brake cable routed on TT, other than that it's similar, is the headtube 1/1/4 as the 90's MF Aly bikes had that size (pain getting bits for BTW, if I remember rightly the frame no isn't on the rear drop -out either but I'll try and check, the mystery grows.
Matthew

Back